Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DTW A18 Sky Club CLOSED for renovations . . . . now what?

Old Jan 12, 20, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, Southwest

This is my first time on Delta One. I am not obsessed with spending time at airport lounges HOWEVER I do enjoy the relative peace. I checked in online for my flight tomorrow (Jan 13) only to have a little notification that the DTW Lounge is CLOSED. Just my luck . . . I have about 90 minutes there between flights. I have no status or credit card to get me in anywhere else and have never flown through DTW. Can anyone recommend somewhere to spend an hour and have a light late lunch? I'd rather eat something there than at BNA where I take off from and I think the lounge here is quite underwhelming (although I guess I'll check it out). I don't really want to start my trip off in a food court . . . any nicer sit down restaurants at DTW that are decent? THANKS (I'm bummed . . . )
Old Jan 12, 20, 3:46 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
DTW has 2 SkyClubs, did you check the other one by Gate A68?
Old Jan 12, 20, 3:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The last time I checked, DTW has *four* SCs: the big center one in A, one at each far end of A, and the B/C one. If one of them is closed, the others will be more crowded at peak times, but there's still a lounge at DTW provided by DL.
Old Jan 12, 20, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Eddie98 View Post
DTW has 2 SkyClubs, did you check the other one by Gate A68?
Isnt it 4? Main, one at each end of A concourse and one over in B/C.
Old Jan 12, 20, 3:56 pm

FWIW the food at any of the DTW clubs is going to be pretty much the same as the BNA club. BNA might have meatballs OR mac and cheese, while DTW might have meatballs AND mac and cheese.

Anyway, if you'd like to get a bite at DTW, I like Bigalora a lot, but this guide is pretty accurate in my opinion:

https://detroit.eater.com/2016/11/22...od-restaurants
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

AHHHHH! I flunked reading comprehension. Tiny type. Sorry - it says the SkyClub at A18 is closed! So there are more??? They didn't give me gate info. Flying to LHR. Is there an international wing? Sorry, I didn't know there were four. I'll Google . . . . Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:11 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
At DTW, international flights tend to come and go from gates near the center of concourse A. The closest SC is likely to be the big one in the center of A, which is the one with showers.
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal View Post
AHHHHH! I flunked reading comprehension. Tiny type. Sorry - it says the SkyClub at A18 is closed! So there are more??? They didn't give me gate info. Flying to LHR. Is there an international wing? Sorry, I didn't know there were four. I'll Google . . . . Thanks!
A18 is one of the smaller clubs at the very ends of A concourse. Main club should be open which is near where international flights usually depart.
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTG, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal View Post
https://www.delta.com/us/en/airports...ub-airport-map

No international wing, but all international (and many domestic) leave from the A gates at DTW which is one long terminal. You could come into the B/C concourse and just need to walk under the tunnel over to the A gates and when you do you'll come out right across from A38.

Otherwise if you land into the A gates you can just walk to the center to get to the A38 SkyClub which is the biggest SkyClub -- or if you are entering which DTW as your departure airport, you A38 should SkyClub should be right after you clear security.
Old Jan 12, 20, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
The one at A18 is closed for renovations IIRC. There are three other clubs at DTW, near Gate A38, Gate A68, and one in Concourse B/C center. Iím surprised they didnít have a sign up listing the location other clubs.
Old Jan 12, 20, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

In my defense, in large type (in an email) it says SKYCLUB CLOSED At DTW. Then in small type it says the club at A18 is closed for renovations.

Period.

Not having flown Delta in decades, and not Business Class, I had no clue there was more than one. The email COULD have gone on to suggest visiting one of the other 3 clubs.

Appreciate the information. Truly.
Old Jan 12, 20, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Those small clubs were perfectly appointed little oasises before. And they still are when they are not crowded. But at peak times they are insane now.

I am interested to see what direction takes the club if it is a full reno. That would signal what the rest of the DTW clubs look like. IMHO, still the finest in the system, even with the downgrades to pack as many people in as possible.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 7:05 pm

I like the small A SCs at DTW because the private real cubicles haven't (yet!!!) been renovated away.
Old Jan 12, 20, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by james318 View Post
Those small clubs were perfectly appointed little oasises before. And they still are when they are not crowded. But at peak times they are insane now.

I am interested to see what direction takes the club if it is a full reno. That would signal what the rest of the DTW clubs look like. IMHO, still the finest in the system, even with the downgrades to pack as many people in as possible.
I believe they have already reno'ed the A68 club. It was closed for renovations a few months ago. Haven't been in it yet to see how it looks.
Old Jan 12, 20, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I like the small A SCs at DTW because the private real cubicles haven't (yet!!!) been renovated away.
The last time I was in the A-18 club, it looked very tired and narrow. It sort of reminded me of the ATL D-12 club, only longer. Whenever I go to DTW, I always stick to the A-38 club.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: