Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL999 Earns 0 miles/0 MQM/0MQD?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

DL999 Earns 0 miles/0 MQM/0MQD?

Hi there! I'm a long-time Flyertalk lurker who is switching over my flying to Delta in 2020. I'm still getting my feet under me in terms of elite qualification with Delta's program, so hopefully I'm not missing something really obvious with this question. I'm making a reservation from SEA to MCO and when I select DL 999, it shows up as 0 miles/0 MQMs/$0 MQDs. It doesn't matter what class of service I select, it doesn't matter what date I select (at least in late January/early February). Any idea why this seems to be a mile/qualification-ineligible flight? Is this common for Delta, either with SEA-MCO or just more generally?

Thanks for any insight you might have and hopefully I haven't missed this elsewhere. I couldn't find anything that seemed relevant, but the search terms are a bit hard to dial in uniquely.

-Seaflyer1234
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:44 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Welcome. As long as you pay fully for the ticket (so not an award ticket or something like that), you will earn miles, MQMs and MQDs. I think that there is consensus on this forum that delta.com is not the most reliable outfit when it comes to details like this, so just ascribe the lack of miles etc. to an IT mishap.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
The pre purchase calculations are regularly off. Once you complete the purchase it'll show correctly. If DL coded and paid with cash you'll earn always. How you earn can vary, but you will warn.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks to you both--really appreciate the responses. It seemed like a basic question but I just wasn't clear on it. Sounds like a pain but good to have confirmation for those more experienced on DL.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Seaflyer1234
Thanks to you both--really appreciate the responses. It seemed like a basic question but I just wasn't clear on it. Sounds like a pain but good to have confirmation for those more experienced on DL.
Do know that it’s also past midnight in ATL and the start of “Schedule Change Saturday” which occurs every Saturday and sometimes continues into Sunday. Over the weekends things can display wonky on DL’s website, such as seat-maps being entirely greyed out, among other things. Can’t tell you why - just the way it is.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Jan 11, 2020 at 1:12 am
Old Jan 11, 2020, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The mileage calculator has been known to be buggy at times and show erroneous info, while the flights post correctly after being flown. It's pretty clear what calculator code used on the website is not the same as what they use in the backend systems for actually crediting which appears to be more robust. I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 11, 2020 at 5:21 am
Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:23 am

You need to login first.
Utskicat likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:47 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
You need to login first.
i’m 99% sure this is OP’s issue too.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:51 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
You need to login first.
Originally Posted by Utskicat
i’m 99% sure this is OP’s issue too.
I'm less certain than you guys.

In the old interface if you weren't logged in the checkout screen omitted MQM/MQD info entirely. In the new interface it says "as a SkyMiles Member you could earn xxx MQMs yyy MQDs" etc. In neither case does it show zeroes across the board.

So if OP meant literally "it shows up as 0 miles/0 MQMs/$0 MQDs" then it's some other kind of glitch. If they just meant the info wasn't there then indeed it seems like they got the old UI (lucky!) and weren't logged in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.