Is delta too cheap to stock sick bags?

Old Jan 10, 20, 5:58 pm

It's not just airsick bags, on a recent flight back from PEK in D1, they didn't have the funds to put a Chili Sauce on every asian meal tray.
Old Jan 10, 20, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat - 2MM miles
No bags on a very bumpy flight RDU-LGA earlier this week. I looked for one but was lucky that I managed not to hurl. I have vomited on more flights than I can count or care to remember.
Old Jan 10, 20, 8:37 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by flyerwma View Post
Indeed. I have a friend who has been collecting them from various airlines for years.
Does the friend run this web site?

https://www.airsicknessbags.com/

I suspect it's not so much cheapness as the pressure to do quick turns. it's easy to spot the safety card (which is on the MEL and has to be there) and magazine without having to open up the seat back pocket; the bag tends to get hidden behind the magazine or slip below the elastic of the pocket along with the buy on board card and looking in the pocket would require an extra 3.7 per seat to verify its presence.
Old Jan 10, 20, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by shoodawg View Post
It's not just airsick bags, on a recent flight back from PEK in D1, they didn't have the funds to put a Chili Sauce on every asian meal tray.
for the price they charge for that over crowded, tight business cabin, everyone should get *two* packets of chili sauce! i have spoken!
Old Jan 10, 20, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Flaflyer View Post
Say wha? People do such a thing? <--- barf emoji

None of the 14,234 "for motion discomfort" bags in my home collection were needed inflight by my seat occupant on my flight.

Can't say about the pax in that seat on the next flight.
None of the do it yourself hand puppets I took out of all the seat backs on a recent Delta flight were the cause.
Old Jan 11, 20, 1:08 am

While itís not seat back pocket, there is almost always a stack in the lav. You could snag one from there before the flight if you think it might be too bumpy for you. Or just keep one in your carry on under the seat so you always have one nearby.
Old Jan 11, 20, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DesertNomad View Post
I have a small plane and keep airsick bags in the seat pocket for my passengers (and myself if needed). They came from Icelandair, Swiss, KLM and Turkish. I fly Delta a lot more than the others listed, but they never seem to have such bags.
My parents have a small Cessna 172. I grab a handful from the storage supply in the lav as needed. Some airline bags are better than others. I know the JAL ones are the sturdiest and as of last time also had a closure that worked wonders.
Old Jan 11, 20, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shoodawg View Post
Theyíre also so cheap they took the foam earplugs out of the business class amenity kit.
Old Jan 11, 20, 11:19 am

I don’t think it’s just Delta; airsickness bags have been on a decreasing number of my flights over the last 5 years. I seem to recall a news article about just how much money the bag maker made on them and how very rarely they’re used for anything except free souvenirs/bags, so airlines are dropping them.
Old Jan 11, 20, 11:35 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Flying Blue Gold, easyJet Flight Club
Why expect the airline to provide a bag to be sick in? If you think you may be sick take your own bag.

No sick bags means lots of fuel saved, happier environment, cheaper fares & we save silly forum topics like this. Everyone wins.
Old Jan 11, 20, 11:55 am

I think that the airlines DO need to provide sick bags, but maybe not at the individual seats. They should be available from the FA upon request. You can never predict whether you are going to be sick or not so carrying your own doesn't make sense. You could get sick from something you ate for example or even the flu even if you never get motion sick. Much better to have sick bags available.
Old Jan 11, 20, 12:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by The doomed View Post
Why expect the airline to provide a bag to be sick in? If you think you may be sick take your own bag.

No sick bags means lots of fuel saved, happier environment, cheaper fares & we save silly forum topics like this. Everyone wins.
they are as much for everyone else on the plane as the person being sick.

I have noticed this trend on several airlines. Pax next to me was getting ready to hurl once to I got up and asked for one but was told there werenít any on-board (though they eventually found one in J) on Air Canada
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 11, 20, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Flying Blue Gold, easyJet Flight Club
Originally Posted by colombianbrew View Post
they are as much for everyone else on the plane as the person being sick.

I have noticed this trend on several airlines. Pax next to me was getting ready to hurl once to I got up and asked for one but was told there werenít any on-board (though they eventually found one in J) on Air Canada
Have never seen anyone need a sick bag on any flight I've been on.

Seem quite a few medical emergencies though.

How many people are sick without any prior warning / ill feeling? There's enough crap in the back of seats without sick bags being there.
Old Jan 11, 20, 3:35 pm

Old Jan 11, 20, 3:53 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by The doomed View Post
Have never seen anyone need a sick bag on any flight I've been on.

Seem quite a few medical emergencies though.

How many people are sick without any prior warning / ill feeling? There's enough crap in the back of seats without sick bags being there.
Kids donít always realize that they are becoming airsick.
DiverDave likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: