FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Lazy F FA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2003679-lazy-f-fa.html)

aubreyfromwheaton Jan 10, 2020 9:24 am

Lazy F FA

Title should be "Lazy F FA or normal"

Just flew Delta for the first time in a long time. Bought F. 2 hour flight.

PDB = Dasani water bottles which is crap water anyway. No offers of anything else.

Light load, boarding finished way early.

No PDB.

One run through F cabin for drink orders LUV style.

One run with the snack basket.

One run to collect glasses.

Is this normal? Spirit is better.

DL Platinum Jan 10, 2020 9:30 am

No, that is not normal. If I were you, I would submit a complaint, especially about the PDB. Delta markets that and it needs to be done and consistently done. Too often the FA's blame the "tight turn" to avoid serving. FWIW, I have no problem hitting the call button if I want a refill.

MSPeconomist Jan 10, 2020 9:32 am

Did the OP try to ask for a PDB? A refill in flight? Another pick from the snack basket, or even to go to the galley to raid the snack basket later in flight?

Duke787 Jan 10, 2020 9:36 am

Mainline or DL Connection?

Not excusable in either case but have seen it every once in a while on DL Connection but almost never on mainline

Smithwicks70 Jan 10, 2020 9:53 am

Quite odd.

Just did a 6am flight from MKE-ATL myself, which has a similar flight time. Flight attendant asked everyone what they wanted for a PDB, did at least 3 rounds of drinks, and at least two passes with the snack basket. Made sure to tell Delta they did a good job that day.

Dutch101 Jan 10, 2020 10:04 am

Happens from time to time, but IME the exception. Had a similar experience mainline DTW-SLC a few weeks back, even my SO, who got upgraded with me and doesn't get to fly in F very often and thus has no expectation regarding service level, commented that the service did not seem to be on par with FC.

premium.cabin Jan 10, 2020 10:10 am

It is really the first time I encounter this kind of thing in Delta..
though things can always happen, have you tried to talk to their customer service?

The Situation Jan 10, 2020 11:13 am

Sounds like my recent experience on SkyWest dba DL Connection. This has happened more and more recently, even on mainline. This is completely unacceptable and we cannot standby and allow it to become "normal." If you don't fly DL and complain very often, it's worth complaining via the comment/complaint link on DL's website. They will throw some miles your way. My companion complained about the OO FA's laziness, and DL sent us 10K miles each. Otherwise, if they email a post flight survey, its worth filling that out and writing your concerns in there.

cmd320 Jan 10, 2020 11:41 am

Definitely not the norm at DL. I would absolutely send in a complaint and note the flight and date.

roberino Jan 10, 2020 11:53 am

What is PDB?

MSPeconomist Jan 10, 2020 12:00 pm

PreDeparture Beverage. Drinks offered to FC passengers as boarding is completed.

PV_Premier Jan 10, 2020 12:11 pm

My expectation is to see the FA's up and about roughly every 30-45 minutes during a flight in the F cabin. They don't have to ask me if I want anything but should give me the option to flag them down and/or check if I need glassware, etc. removed. The pre-landing checks and collection can serve as one of these touchpoints.

If I am only seeing the FA's every 1-2 hours, that's not really acceptable for F service, IMO. It is especially annoying when they sequester themselves as a large group behind the galley curtain and gossip loudly without performing any noticeable customer service.

Adam1222 Jan 10, 2020 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier (Post 31933913)
My expectation is to see the FA's up and about roughly every 30-45 minutes during a flight in the F cabin. They don't have to ask me if I want anything but should give me the option to flag them down and/or check if I need glassware, etc. removed. The pre-landing checks and collection can serve as one of these touchpoints.

If I am only seeing the FA's every 1-2 hours, that's not really acceptable for F service, IMO. It is especially annoying when they sequester themselves as a large group behind the galley curtain and gossip loudly without performing any noticeable customer service.

Well this whole flight was only 2 hours, so they likely complied with your expectation.
The OP doesnt say whether it was a mainline route.
The statement that "Spirit is better" makes the whole post ridiculous.

Audeclis Jan 10, 2020 12:21 pm

Sounds like my occasional SkyWest experiences to me. I don't see that kind of behavior on mainline, and far less from Endeavor. Of course, the latter is a wholly owned subsidiary of DAL; SkyWest is not.

cmd320 Jan 10, 2020 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 31933949)
Well this whole flight was only 2 hours, so they likely complied with your expectation.
The OP doesnt say whether it was a mainline route.
The statement that "Spirit is better" makes the whole post ridiculous.

That absolutely should not comply with any reasonable expectation of what F service should entail on a 2 hour flight. MCO-ATL is a 1h10m flight (or 1h40m now thanks to modern schedule padding) and I'm consistently offered multiple rounds of beverages in flight in addition to being offered a PDB. It's not as thought the FA had a meal service to provide or anything.

Also shouldn't make a difference whether it's a regional or mainline. If it has the Delta logo on the side of it the service should be streamlined with what is expected on any other Delta flight.

As an aside, on a two hour flight which is essentially just drinks service, I don't really see how DL F would be much better than NK BFS, especially considering the latter could easily cost a third of the price.