Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1st Class underseat storage

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

1st Class underseat storage

I am flying on 757's in 1st class. Does anyone know the size of the underseat storage? I am assuming it is at least a little wider than coach or comfort+ as the seats themselves are a little wider. Plus there is the width of the console space also. Does anyone know or better yet have a picture?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:19 pm

I wouldn't count on it being that much bigger. The f seats are wider but the floor supports are not at the edges of the seats, they're set a bit inside on the F seats, so I think the actual usable space is roughly the same.
jalves likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
I would also utilize one of the seating sites to help select your seat. IIRC, there are AVOD boxes under some of the seats which restrict the amount of available space.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by rjack22
I am flying on 757's in 1st class. Does anyone know the size of the underseat storage? I am assuming it is at least a little wider than coach or comfort+ as the seats themselves are a little wider. Plus there is the width of the console space also. Does anyone know or better yet have a picture?
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
I wouldn't count on it being that much bigger. The f seats are wider but the floor supports are not at the edges of the seats, they're set a bit inside on the F seats, so I think the actual usable space is roughly the same.
I was on two of them this week in 1st. The space under the seats in front of you are divided roughly as 25% on the aisle side, 50% in the middle, and 25% on the window side, due to the placement of the legs. That might even be generous. I'd bet that there is less than 12" between the leg and the rail on the aisle side.There are also IFE boxes down there taking up some of the space. My backpack is just large enough for a 15" laptop, and is 8" thick with other stuff I carry. There was no way it would fit on "my side". There was plenty of room for it in the middle section width-wise, but it was almost too tall for the space & I had to force it in. I don't recall having that issue on any of Delta's other narrow bodies.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I find it to be basically identical to Y because the rails are in the same place. But there are 2 pax instead of 3.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:47 pm

In looking to travel with a pet carrier, I stumbled across this website that listed dimensions by specific plane and seat. Can't guarantee accuracy, but I found it interesting,

Delta | Guaranteed On Board (click the link in the red copy to take you to the PDF)
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Auston, that was very helpful.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:50 am

Programs: DL DM
Just flew a few weeks ago on a 757 in F with a pet carrier that is 13x8x8. The biggest issue I have is the height of the under seat storage. Even with the carrier being only 8” tall it barely fit. And I mean barely.

To me I’ve had more ease with that carrier in Y seats, but chose F to have more legroom and overall space.

Ditto the comments on the seat supports encroaching on underseat space in F. I’ve found the window side seats tend to have more room in F on Boeing planes, and the aisles on Airbus equipment. So on a 757 I would choose the A or D side.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 1:19 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Does anyone know what the dimensions are in F On an ERJ 175? Can’t remember if there’s complete unobstructed room or a support column in middle
Old Jun 8, 2020, 1:53 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by dparkinson
Does anyone know what the dimensions are in F On an ERJ 175? Can’t remember if there’s complete unobstructed room or a support column in middle
If you're asking about the two-seat side, it's one continuous uninterrupted storage space. In a pinch, a 22x14x9 rollaboard will even fit under there (almost)

Last edited by Zorak; Jun 8, 2020 at 8:19 pm
Old Jun 8, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Had meant on the A side. The link earlier in this thread says 9 instead of 19 so unsure if typo
Old Jun 8, 2020, 2:46 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by dparkinson
Had meant on the A side. The link earlier in this thread says 9 instead of 19 so unsure if typo
I'm not sure what to make of their table -- I didn't see a legend but the numbers make the most sense if they're listed as depth x width x height (and as an aside, the left side/right side numbers suggest they're showing the width of the entire space even though that is theoretically shared by two passengers...)

in which case if the right side is 19 x 34 x 6.5 I can't see the left side only being 9 deep because you can fit a full-sized backpack. So 9 x 15 x 6.5 should probably say 19 x 15 x 6.5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.