Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Lounge Access: Amex Corporate Platinum

Old Jan 8, 20, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starting over. UA Platinum. Previously UA Global Svc; CO Presidential Platinum; SPG Platinum

Dear all, thanks in advance for your help!

I am a United Airlines guy. But I am frequently in places where a United Lounge does not exist. (Including SLC). And Delta is definitely my second airline.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get Delta Lounge access . . . and am getting mixed signals.

I think maybe the best is Amex Corporate Platinum (which I can get for something like $400). But then what is the benefit. Free access for me? Or $29 access for me?

And is there ANY method for access even when NOT flying on Delta that day?

Thanks for your advice!

Last edited by mc1263; Jan 8, 20 at 11:43 am
Old Jan 8, 20, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I think you're confusing the regular unaffiliated AmEx Plat (Corp or not) charge card (fee around $500 normally) with the DL AmEx Plat (Corp or not) credit card (annual fee under $200). You might also mean the Business versions of these cards, not corporate, as corporate cards are usually provided by the employer with either the fee waived as part of some contract or the fee paid by the employer. None of these cards (assuming USA issued) will help you to enter a DL lounge if you're not flying DL that day.

You might want to look into Priority Pass, which is free with some credit cards. There should be a thread in the Airport Lounges forum on FT.
Old Jan 8, 20, 10:59 am

Programs: DL 2xMillion Miler, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I think you're confusing the regular unaffiliated AmEx Plat (Corp or not) charge card (fee around $500 normally) with the DL AmEx Plat (Corp or not) credit card (annual fee under $200). You might also mean the Business versions of these cards, not corporate, as corporate cards are usually provided by the employer with either the fee waived as part of some contract or the fee paid by the employer. None of these cards (assuming USA issued) will help you to enter a DL lounge if you're not flying DL that day.
I don't think he's confusing it.
I have a small business "Business Platinum", my wife has a "Platinum" (personal), and I used to have a "Corporate Platinum" (which I fully paid for, but my company issued, so I'd get Membership Rewards instead of my executives... plus lounge access).
All of these grant access. Additional guests are now $39 in 2020 (up from $29).
So does the AMEX Delta SkyMiles Reserve Card.
Old Jan 8, 20, 11:17 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mc1263 View Post
Dear all, thanks in advance for your help!

I am a United Airlines guy. But I am frequently in places where a United Lounge does not exist. (Including SLC). And Delta is definitely my second airline.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get Delta Lounge access . . . and am getting mixed signals.

I think maybe the best is Delta Corporate Platinum (which I can get for something like $400). But then what is the benefit. Free access for me? Or $29 access for me?

And is there ANY method for access even when NOT flying on Delta that day?

Thanks for your advice!
OP refers to "Delta Corporate Platinum" for $400. Thread title says "AmEx Corporate Platinum."
Old Jan 8, 20, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by lindros2 View Post
I don't think he's confusing it.
I have a small business "Business Platinum", my wife has a "Platinum" (personal), and I used to have a "Corporate Platinum" (which I fully paid for, but my company issued, so I'd get Membership Rewards instead of my executives... plus lounge access).
Various DL and AmEx cards grant lounge access, but ONLY WHEN FLYING DL. This is true for the Reserve card too.
Old Jan 8, 20, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starting over. UA Platinum. Previously UA Global Svc; CO Presidential Platinum; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
OP refers to "Delta Corporate Platinum" for $400. Thread title says "AmEx Corporate Platinum."
My bad. Meant Amex. Sorry for confusion.
Old Jan 8, 20, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lindros2 View Post
thanks for this.

to verify - I was referring to Corp Amex platinum (issued thorough my employer but paid for by me).

you are saying that with this paid card I get FREE access to delta so long as I have a delta same day ticket??
Old Jan 8, 20, 11:50 am

thanks for this.

to verify - I was referring to Corp Amex platinum (issued thorough my employer but paid for by me).

you are saying that with this paid card I get FREE access to delta so long as I have a delta same day ticket??
Yes, including Delta Connection RJ flights. You might also get a limited free PP membership with Corp AmexPlat since you do with the personal version of the Plat charge card.
Old Jan 8, 20, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Assuming you're talking about this card: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...corporate-card

Then yes.
EmilyGuo likes this.
Old Jan 8, 20, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL 2xMillion Miler, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by DCATraveler View Post
Assuming you're talking about this card: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...corporate-card

Then yes.
btw like I said I had this at a Fortune-500 company.
Part of the cost - to me - was deferred. But that's when it was $295/year.
At $550/year they (my employer) would have told me to go pound salt.
mc1263 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 20, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Spire, others
The only way to get SkyClub access without flying Delta the same day is to go back in time and buy a lifetime membership.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: