Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL to Focus More on Core Hubs in 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Well there is an Escape Lounge at MSP basically for Amex customers.
I think that's a bit different, Escape originally took priority pass when it opened (it wasn't built at Amex's direction).
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:35 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
Originally Posted by eneq
Yeah this was my main point. But, I should've used "fortress hub" to better convey my argument.

To be honest, I don't see any non-SC lounge going into the above airports anytime soon.
As mentioned, there already are non-SC lounges at ATL and MSP, and at the DTW north terminal. Actually, of the four, only DTW has a terminal dedicated entirely to Delta and partners. So I would agree there probably won’t be anything else going into the MacNamara... but the other three airports plus DTW north terminal are all very much fair game.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by ekozie
The "new" SLC includes a space specifically built as a shell for a club, in addition to the two SCs planned. AFAIK, no tenant signing has been announced, but I can't imagine the space staying empty for very long, and no other airline has the lift at SLC to support a club. That leaves a third party club as the only viable option.
My understanding is that there will just be one SC at SLC, not two. Perhaps plans have since changed, but as of about three months ago, the local media was still reporting just one club, albeit the largest Delta Skyclub in the system, to better accomodate increased international flights. The way I interpret "international processing area" in the quote below is that there will now be space in the SC for showers.

Delta wants to increase the size of their Sky Club to be the largest in the world. Wyatt says there's already substantially more international traffic, and will be even more when the new terminal opens, so the international processing area needs to be expanded. “This is an increase in the size and scale of the actual project in order to accommodate a very rapidly growing travel market here,” Wyatt said.
https://kutv.com/news/local/new-salt...er-500-million

Well, I see now that plans HAVE changed, so I stand corrected. According to the latest fact sheet from the airport authority, there will be a small second SC of about 6,000 sf in Concourse B. The main SC will be 27,000 sf, plus a 2,000 sf skydeck. https://www.slcairport.com/thenewslc...lc-fact-sheet/

I am wondering if this second SC will be occupying the space that the architects left open for a second lounge. If so, then there might be no space left for a Centurion Lounge or some other third-party lounge.
ekozie likes this.

Last edited by amanuensis; Jan 12, 2020 at 7:47 pm Reason: I was wrong, initially.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
The airport's "fact sheet" talks about 2 Delta SCs:
In the terminal: "Delta Sky Club - 27,000 sq. ft. plus a 2,000 sq.ft deck"
In the North Concourse: "Delta Sky Club - 6,000 sq. ft."

However it doesn't specify a timeline. I think it's fairly safe to say the main club (at least parts of it) will open on day 1. But it doesn't say whether the North club is scheduled for Phase 1 (this year) or Phase 2 (2024).

https://www.slcairport.com/thenewslc...lc-fact-sheet/
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by kjnangre

However it doesn't specify a timeline. I think it's fairly safe to say the main club (at least parts of it) will open on day 1. But it doesn't say whether the North club is scheduled for Phase 1 (this year) or Phase 2 (2024).

The physical signage at the current SLC club only mentions one new Sky Club, to be 27,000 sq ft. In size.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by kjnangre

Good point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.