Wiki Posts
Search

Calling DL, always have to enter SM#?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Calling DL, always have to enter SM#?

So, for basically all of this year, any time I've had to call in I am ALWAYS prompted to enter my SM # before continuing, while it used to automatically greet me by name. Ive checked my profile on Delta, my phone # is listed there, i dont have 'hide my number' setup on my phone so it should be able to match me to my account automatically.....has anyone else run into this?
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Yep... for the past 3 years. I've asked a few times and they've never been able to fix it. No idea....
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:47 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
It's been an on and off thing with me for the last couple of months, doesn't matter whether I'm on the landline from home or the cell. I still get sent to the Platinum desk properly once I've finished with the number entry. I'd just chalk it up to good old Delta IT.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL DM
Back when I was Silver I ran into this for a few months. However ever since I made GM, and now PM, it seems to be consistently recognizing me by name.

My husband has had to do this for the last few years both as non-status and Silver. He recently made GM so curious to see if it ever fixes itself.

On all times once the # was entered it directed the call to the appropriate desk.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
I've had to enter my number for the past five years of being Diamond. It drives me crazy, and I've emailed and called about it multiple times, but no one has any remote clue how to fix it.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
It happened to me a while ago and I figured out the cause.

If two accounts have the same phone number, the system can't identify you. If you change the phone number on one, the system will identify the other when you call from that phone.
HDQDD and hockeystl like this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 6:12 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
Originally Posted by sethb
It happened to me a while ago and I figured out the cause.

If two accounts have the same phone number, the system can't identify you. If you change the phone number on one, the system will identify the other when you call from that phone.
THIS - Same happened to me as one of my kids accounts had the same number. Once I changed there, all worked well!
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by bretthexum
Yep... for the past 3 years. I've asked a few times and they've never been able to fix it. No idea....
Are you blocking outbound caller ID?
HDQDD likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by milesandpoints
THIS - Same happened to me as one of my kids accounts had the same number. Once I changed there, all worked well!
Hmm. No one else should have my number, unless someones trying to hack my account or something.....and I doubt Delta would disclose if there were
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:09 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Delta is a personal company, they want your SkyMiles number so they can send you to your own personal permahold hell.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by milesandpoints
Actually pretty easy to test. Remove your phone from your own account and call back - see what name the system gives you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.