Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reminder - 2019 CHOICE Benefits must be selected by Jan31

Old Jan 2, 20, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond

Reminder -

2019 Choice benefits must be selected by Jan31. Do not select Skyclub or Gold/Silver status. These expire at end of the status year which is also Jan 31. RUC/GUC expire one year from selection but must be selected by Jan 31.
Zorak and jmgriffin like this.
Old Jan 11, 20, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
BUMP - Friendly reminder Jan 31 is coming soon. FTers don't let fellow FTers lose out on Choice Benefit selections!
Old Jan 11, 20, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); still teleworking with the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
already have calendar alerts set for 24, 27, and 30 Jan ... I’ll make a decision before the last alert pops up
Zorak likes this.
Old Jan 11, 20, 1:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If I don't need GUCs earlier, I like to select them so that they're good for next year's MLK long holiday weekend travel, which means after about the 23rd or so. It's a Monday holiday so the date varies.
Old Jan 22, 20, 10:42 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Just a reminder, Jan 31 approaching soon. I need to pick mine as well.
Old Jan 22, 20, 10:52 am

Programs: Delta PM
"If you achieved Platinum or Diamond Medallion status for the 2019 flying year, you have until Jan. 31, 2020."

I always second guess myself on the rules and timing and get paranoid I'm going to lose my benefit. The 2019 Choice Benefits were earned flying during the 2018 calendar year, correct? So, because I earned PM status in August 2019, I have until 1/31/2021 to make my selection.
Old Jan 22, 20, 10:55 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by BradleyFlyer View Post
"If you achieved Platinum or Diamond Medallion status for the 2019 flying year, you have until Jan. 31, 2020."

I always second guess myself on the rules and timing and get paranoid I'm going to lose my benefit. The 2019 Choice Benefits were earned flying during the 2018 calendar year, correct? So, because I earned PM status in August 2019, I have until 1/31/2021 to make my selection.
Yes. The way to read the statement you posted is "you achieved PM/DM for the ENTIRE calendar flying year 2019", which would require that you earned the status during 2018.
Old Jan 22, 20, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Yes. The way to read the statement you posted is "you achieved PM/DM for the ENTIRE calendar flying year 2019", which would require that you earned the status during 2018.
Thank you! I knew that was the case, but somehow my brain is unable to get past the timing every year. Maybe it just surprises me that so many people have unused benefits earned at least 13 months ago.
Old Jan 22, 20, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Got an email today telling me that I hadn't selected all of my choice benefits, but I definitely have. What a tease.

Mike
EarlVolFan and gooselee like this.
Old Jan 23, 20, 6:34 am

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by mikeef View Post
Got an email today telling me that I hadn't selected all of my choice benefits, but I definitely have. What a tease.

Mike
Got the same, but knew DL IT was laughing at me!
Old Jan 23, 20, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Originally Posted by BradleyFlyer View Post
The selection page is pretty clear, so if you're ever not sure, just go there: https://www.delta.com/choicebenefits...enefits.action

e.g. I have one PM and one DM benefit that I need to select in the next week.
Old Jan 23, 20, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mikeef View Post

Mike
Same. I even went back in to double check in case I missed something.
Old Jan 29, 20, 7:39 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I just selected my upgrade certificates; I have an irrational nervousness about waiting for the absolute last day.

Posting now to get this reminder back towards the top of the queue.
rogo likes this.
Old Jan 29, 20, 10:32 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
selected mine yesterday
Old Jan 29, 20, 6:51 pm

Did mine today, while wondering whether the Wuhan virus does/should influence selections. Will we be doing less international travel during the next year, so that GUCs and even DL vouchers that expire in a year are less valuable while RDMs never expire (until you do).

I too am afraid to trust myself to wait until the very last minute.
rogo likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: