Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reminder - 2019 CHOICE Benefits must be selected by Jan31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reminder - 2019 CHOICE Benefits must be selected by Jan31

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2020, 1:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Time to kick this back to the top of our first forum page.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jztelemark
If I didn't see this thread I would have forgotten to select my 2019 GUC.
On my flight JFK-LAX yesterday was chatting with another DM. They didnt even know what these were! Theygot quite giddy when they selected the 4 GUC.
Powers106 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 2:04 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by flyerCO
On my flight JFK-LAX yesterday was chatting with another DM. They didnt even know what these were! Theygot quite giddy when they selected the 4 GUC.
I once had a conversation with a phone agent while using certs where they mentioned the previous customer they helped was similarly totally unaware they had CBs. It's a good reminder that a lot of people are not like us FTers... but also, DL sent me an email last week "You Still Have Choice Benefits Waiting" that summarized the options, so it still seems a bit strange. I guess it can get lost or overlooked in a stream of marketing emails, if even opted in to them...
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
HMMMMM. I selected my choice benefits earned in 2018 a couple days ago and I didn't receive a reminder email from DL.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 8:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Why did you have to tell them?! We need to increase the odds for us to use GUC/RUCs...
Old Jan 31, 2020, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Zorak
I once had a conversation with a phone agent while using certs where they mentioned the previous customer they helped was similarly totally unaware they had CBs. It's a good reminder that a lot of people are not like us FTers... but also, DL sent me an email last week "You Still Have Choice Benefits Waiting" that summarized the options, so it still seems a bit strange. I guess it can get lost or overlooked in a stream of marketing emails, if even opted in to them...
I've met a few people (friends/coworkers) who have been PM for a while and have no idea CBs are a thing (or award redeposit, etc). Status for them is just upgrades and a different boarding group.

The venn diagram between these folks and the ones who don't mind paying 300k RDM for a "free" TATL D1 ticket is pretty close to a circle.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:10 pm

Is there any mercy on this? I work in public accounting and was just swamped in January.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by FlyingForTheHalibut
Is there any mercy on this? I work in public accounting and was just swamped in January.
I would pick up the phone and give Delta a call. I don't think you will get anywhere, but then you will know. If you plan on reaching Platinum or Diamond next year, I would
put it on your calendar now for the end of January. It only takes about 2 minutes to complete the process.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:34 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by FlyingForTheHalibut
one success report in this thread: Anyway to reinstate Expired Choice benefits?

Seems worth a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.