Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta MQM Reset/Rollover 2019-2022 Consolidated Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
2018/2019 Rollover Discussion Thread

History of past years rollover dates (either in mass or began to post)

2023 started on January 3rd
2022 scheduled for January 2nd
2021 on January 3rd
2020 originally scheduled for January 6th, started posting on January 3rd.
2019 on January 7th (Monday, starting at mid-late morning in ATL)
2018 on January 8th
2017 on January 10th
2016 on January 12th
2015 on January 13th
2014 on January 14th
2013 on January 2nd
2012 on January 8th
2011 on January 5th
2010 on January 14th
Print Wikipost

Delta MQM Reset/Rollover 2019-2022 Consolidated Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2020, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by N174UA
What does "FO" mean?
Flies Often, the prior name for Silver Medallion status on DL.

What is an “FO?”
volabam likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I'm a GM, and mine posted on Friday, January 3rd. I had 70,842 MQM's, and 20,842 rolled over.

For some reason, I thought it was a 25,000 MQM deduction for all levels at the end of the year for rollover, but not so. I thought I'd start this year with 45,842 MQM's...but I'll easily get Silver for next year.

My only real criticism of the Medallion program is that it's hard to hit the MQD thresholds. How about rollover MQD's, or add more expense categories that will help.
Lucky you...as of today I still see nothing in my account and I'm a GM as well.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:55 pm

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
PM and my flown 19,872 MQMs rolled over today. I’m awaiting an additional 15,000 MQMs for hitting the $60,000 threshold on my Amex DL Reserve Card just before the New Year.

A little nervous but still hopeful it is coming later.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 4:40 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
I'm a GM, and mine posted on Friday, January 3rd. I had 70,842 MQM's, and 20,842 rolled over.

For some reason, I thought it was a 25,000 MQM deduction for all levels at the end of the year for rollover, but not so. I thought I'd start this year with 45,842 MQM's...but I'll easily get Silver for next year.

My only real criticism of the Medallion program is that it's hard to hit the MQD thresholds. How about rollover MQD's, or add more expense categories that will help.
Change your address for a Canadian one
Old Jan 5, 2020, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
What does "FO" mean?
It is the designate of Silver status. I guess back in the day before it was called silver it was a "Fly Often" customer or something like that but it stuck.

As a side note woke up this morning to my ~15,000 rollover.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL DM
PM here, noticed my Rollover (approx 48K) posted yesterday January 4th. Definitely quicker than normal. Agreed that the display still looks a bit strange (showing "0" until Silver). Perhaps it'll stay that way until I obtain the MQDs/Waiver.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Wife is gifted GM and had 27K and the AMEX waiver, meeting FO requirements. The was a question raised a question about a similar situation with GM challenge which was met but fewer than 50k RDMs and whether there would be rollover for the RDMs above the earned FO. In our case it doesn't matter since I'll gift her GM again. We save more on change fees during the year then a 25K Choice Benefit is worth. I'll provide an update when the rollover process has completed which will provide a datapoint.

As I mentioned earlier, my 147K rollover posted yesterday.
Her 1,670 rollover posted today. So earned FO with gifted GM rolled over excess of FO.
Zorak likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Double Post
Old Jan 5, 2020, 7:30 pm

What does "FO" mean?
Originally Posted by mnbp
Flies Often, the prior name for Silver Medallion status on DL.

Originally Posted by vielflieger
FO = flying orchid, female equivalent of FC. ...
What is an “FO?”
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
It is the designate of Silver status. I guess back in the day before it was called silver it was a "Fly Often" customer or something like that but it stuck.

As a side note woke up this morning to my ~15,000 rollover.
Actual FO meaning. It's used here in the forum instead of SM as an abbreviation for Silver Medallion so as not to confuse it with Sky Miles

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
I didn't qualify for the Flying Colonel program, I believe it was men only.

I was, however, a Flying Orchid. (Yes, it existed. I got a jewelry box)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker
FO = Flying Orchid.

http://blog.delta.com/2009/12/11/loo...chid-programs/
Quote:
In its heyday, the invitation-only Flying Colonel was one of air transportation’s coveted citations.

The first ”Flying Colonels of the Delta Fleet” were frequent flyers, supporters of Delta and the air transport industry in 1953, but the program has an earlier history. Delta inherited the Flying Colonels in our merger with Chicago and Southern (C&S) Air Lines in 1953. The program was the brain child of George E. Bounds in 1940, then C&S Director-Public Relations and Advertising, who wanted a way to recognize those contributing to the airlines’ success and to build good public relations.

Fun facts:
  • The first woman named a Flying Colonel (a rarity until 1984) was Betty Jeanne Claffey, aviation editor of the Memphis Commercial Appeal newspaper in 1944.
  • The youngest Flying Colonel is believed to be six-year-old Tommy Alexander in 1946. Tommy rode C&S home after an operation for a life-threatening ruptured appendix.
  • Flying Colonel pocket identification cards were introduced in 1952.
  • At one time, Flying Colonels had lifetime membership to Delta’s Crown Room Clubs (airport lounges opened in the late 1950s).
  • A McCall’s magazine columnist visting the French country home of the Duke of Windsor in 1973, noted: “The walls are lined with mementos from the past—everything from a gigantic map documenting his travels as the Prince of Wales to a certificate making the Duke a ‘Flying Colonel’ for Delta Air Lines . . .”
  • We awarded Flying Colonel memberships until January 1, 1998.

Flying Orchid Program

In the tradition of the Flying Colonels, we also designed a separate program to recognize women for their support of the Delta and air transportation industry in 1960. The orchid had been an important internal symbol at both C&S and Delta, so “Flying Orchid” seemed a natural choice for the program’s name. C.E. Woolman, Delta’s principal founder and first CEO, grew orchids as a hobby, and often presented them to Delta employees to mark significant accomplishments, such as flight attendant graduations. C&S also recognized employees’ extra efforts on behalf of the customer or the company in “An Orchid for You” articles in the company magazine.

In 1984, we modified our recognition programs so that women were now designated as “Flying Colonels,” just as men were. The Orchid program was then used to recognize administrative assistants and planners who made travel arrangements.
Click on the link above to read the comments from readers.
Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 18, 11 at 12:29 am Reason: This was originally posted on October 18, 2011 but placed at the beginning of this thread for easy access.

Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
My 20,000 rollover miles appeared yesterday.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL PM
Another FO datapoint. 17k rollover miles posted this evening
SuperG1955 and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL DM
Agreed on the expense categories. I think that any dollars spent as a "Delta Purchase" (bag fees, in-flight purchases, trip extras, pet-in-cabin fees, change fees, etc) should count as MQDs.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:52 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
I’m FO and my 13k posted tonight.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Lowly GM, rollover of 20K posted this morning in time for my first flight of 2020.

Strangely enough, I got my first "Thank you" card ever today. Are they telling FAs to write more cards these days?

Last edited by ab2013; Jan 5, 2020 at 9:37 pm
Old Jan 5, 2020, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Requalifying DM but not tons of rollover: My rollover posted sometime during the evening of January 3rd, amazingly early, although in past years mine has been among the first reported rollover postings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.