Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta MQM Reset/Rollover 2019-2022 Consolidated Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
2018/2019 Rollover Discussion Thread

History of past years rollover dates (either in mass or began to post)

2023 started on January 3rd
2022 scheduled for January 2nd
2021 on January 3rd
2020 originally scheduled for January 6th, started posting on January 3rd.
2019 on January 7th (Monday, starting at mid-late morning in ATL)
2018 on January 8th
2017 on January 10th
2016 on January 12th
2015 on January 13th
2014 on January 14th
2013 on January 2nd
2012 on January 8th
2011 on January 5th
2010 on January 14th
Print Wikipost

Delta MQM Reset/Rollover 2019-2022 Consolidated Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Rollover can take several weeks to post. That said, since you met status via a challenge with much lower qualifications than the standard requirements, I would not expect any rollover.
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
I’m not sure you will roll over what you think. I’m pretty sure it’s over the normal qualifying so only anything over 50,000. I’m not sure your match is relevant. All it did was get you there early.
Originally Posted by El Boocho
I think this is likely correct.
FWIW, the mom rollover is slated to begin 1/6/2020
Thanks guys. I think someone mentioned in the status challenge thread that there wasn't anything definitive on DL's website about this. Do you guys have experience with this or you're just making an educated guess?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by lsquare
Thanks guys. I think someone mentioned in the status challenge thread that there wasn't anything definitive on DL's website about this. Do you guys have experience with this or you're just making an educated guess?
Not sure it's really worth speculating since you'll presumably be able to give us a firsthand data point in a week or two.

On the other hand this is FT and that's what we do so...
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
Not sure it's really worth speculating since you'll presumably be able to give us a firsthand data point in a week or two.

On the other hand this is FT and that's what we do so...
Haha, I guess I'll be the DP then. At the same time, this have been happening for years now. I'm surprised there aren't more DPs...
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:21 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Haha, I guess I'll be the DP then. At the same time, this have been happening for years now. I'm surprised there aren't more DPs...
Maybe slightly surprising, but not entirely shocking. But as long as we're speculating

First, we can discount people who did a challenge and went on to earn their matched level of status "organically" so the rollover in that case is totally straightforward and not noteworthy.

Of those who are left, also subtract those who didn't earn enough to rollover (maybe started too late in the year to get to 25k despite successful match).

So we're left with people who started the challenge late enough they didn't reach their matched level, but not so late they stayed < 25k who also
- bothered to look at the amount of rollover (maybe the exact amount wasn't a focal point of their travel planning, maybe they were giving DL a trial run and went back to the airline they were familiar with, etc.)
- and are active FT members who know about the thread
- and remembered to go back and post a data point (sometimes people mean to but forget)
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more
Why care about the exact date of the rollover?

Will the rollover be on January 6 or January 8 or January 12? Who cares? Why even spend three seconds worrying about it or thinking about it?

About the only scenario for which I could see it being consequential would be for the extremely unlikely event of a person who achieved Silver status with a LOT of miles (let's say 49,000 miles), so has 24,000 rollover miles, and intends to earn 26,000 MQMs in the first week in January (I don't know, maybe a round trip in D1 from San Francisco to South Africa), and wants to make "Gold" ASAP, for higher status for some run-of-the-mill trip to occur within just days of the African adventure.

Or is it just all about "anxiety" of seeing all those zeros on the medallion status tracking page? (in which case I'd recommend finding something more worthwhile to be anxious or agitated about).
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by andrewk829
Will the rollover be on January 6 or January 8 or January 12? Who cares? Why even spend three seconds worrying about it or thinking about it?

About the only scenario for which I could see it being consequential would be for the extremely unlikely event of a person who achieved Silver status with a LOT of miles (let's say 49,000 miles), so has 24,000 rollover miles, and intends to earn 26,000 MQMs in the first week in January (I don't know, maybe a round trip in D1 from San Francisco to South Africa), and wants to make "Gold" ASAP, for higher status for some run-of-the-mill trip to occur within just days of the African adventure.

Or is it just all about "anxiety" of seeing all those zeros on the medallion status tracking page? (in which case I'd recommend finding something more worthwhile to be anxious or agitated about).
Because this happens every year for those new to the program and expect everything to show up on January 1st(as they should, but they don't know about DL and OAL in general IT depts.). I thought the same thing when I started this whole DL mileage stuff(where are my rollover miles?). It's just verification that your miles did rollover. Of course I understand now that it could take several days or maybe a couple weeks. But the newly initiated might not know that.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Because this happens every year for those new to the program and expect everything to show up on January 1st(as they should, but they don't know about DL and OAL in general IT depts.). I thought the same thing when I started this whole DL mileage stuff(where are my rollover miles?). It's just verification that your miles did rollover. Of course I understand now that it could take several days or maybe a couple weeks. But the newly initiated might not know that.
Yep, but also consequential for someone that want to get the upgrade certificates? Again, I'm new to DL so that's why I had asked. Now that I know, I won't need to ask in 2021...
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 10:45 pm

I applied for and was granted a status challenge from DL. I successfully completed the challenge and got Gold Medallion. I asked in the status challenge thread and but I don't think I got anything definitive. I ended 2019 with 44,655 MQM. I think I only needed 12,500 MQM to qualify for the status challenge. So there's a difference of 32,155 additional MQMs which I accrued after meeting the challenge. It didn't rollover into 2020. As of today, I start the year with 0. Since the extra 30k MQMs didn't help get me to the next higher level, why didn't it rollover? Is there a chance I can get Delta to move it over into 2020?

Thank you.
I did a status match to Platinum at the end of 2017 and had a similar situation. You get rollover based on the level you hit non-status match. So for you it will be 19,655 because you would of hit Silver (25k) assuming you hit the MQD.
lsquare and Zorak like this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Where2GoNow
I did a status match to Platinum at the end of 2017 and had a similar situation. You get rollover based on the level you hit non-status match. So for you it will be 19,655 because you would of hit Silver (25k) assuming you hit the MQD.
Came here to post exactly this. Nice job.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Where2GoNow
Originally Posted by Daitheflu84
Came here to post exactly this. Nice job.
That's awesome guys! 19k is better than 0. Going to aim for Diamond this year, but I should hit Platinum with all of my travel plans in mind.

Maybe the mods can put something in the summary for DL noobs.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by andrewk829

Well, another valid scenario is if one has enough rollover to be at or close to Platinum and will already have the $25K MQD waiver secured away by January, they’ll be able to select Choice Benefits, such as gifting status - the earlier status is gifted, the longer the recipient of the gifted status can use it.

I think the other reason for the anxiety is people just don’t trust DL’s IT and there’s “comfort” in seeing it finally show up.
lsquare, AeRoSpaceman and hhdl like this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Rollover MQMs were much more valuable for most folks before there were MQD requirements.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:39 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Yep, but also consequential for someone that want to get the upgrade certificates? Again, I'm new to DL so that's why I had asked. Now that I know, I won't need to ask in 2021...
What upgrade certificates? If you're thinking GUCs or RUCs for the 2021 Year, you have to earn your 2021 Status which is not only MQM but MQD or waiver.

I'll rollover more than 125k MQM but won't hit the first MQD level ($3,000) until mid-January. That'll make me FO for 2021 - no GUCs/RUCs for FO. I'll hit the GM MQD level ($6,000) and the AMEX @25k waiver level in March which will make me PM for 2021 and I'll be able to select the RUCs for PM/2021. I'll hit the DM MQD level in June which will allow me to select my 2021 DM GUCs and/or RUCs.

MQM rollover, by itself has very little meaning.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:48 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
What upgrade certificates? If you're thinking GUCs or RUCs for the 2021 Year, you have to earn your 2021 Status which is not only MQM but MQD or waiver.

I'll rollover more than 125k MQM but won't hit the first MQD level ($3,000) until mid-January. That'll make me FO for 2021 - no GUCs/RUCs for FO. I'll hit the GM MQD level ($6,000) and the AMEX @25k waiver level in March which will make me PM for 2021 and I'll be able to select the RUCs for PM/2021. I'll hit the DM MQD level in June which will allow me to select my 2021 DM GUCs and/or RUCs.

MQM rollover, by itself has very little meaning.
If you move to Canada... you will have your RUC & GUC now .....
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:55 am

Still wondering why MQMs rollover but Segments never do.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.