Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"Almost" Automatic Upgrade to C+ for Platinum Elite?

Old Dec 31, 2019, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold

I've been PE for many years, but due to medical issues this year will be dropping back to Silver in 2020.

So here's my question...

I will still be PE through the end of January. If I book a flight in July before January 31st, will I receive the "almost" automatic upgrade to C+?

Thanks!
Old Dec 31, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: DL DM
Assuming upgrade space is available, you will get it. However, if there is a schedule change (which is very likely) that affects the flight number, equipment or some other
thing, you will probably lose the upgrade with no recourse.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by yogimax
I've been PE for many years, but due to medical issues this year will be dropping back to Silver in 2020.

So here's my question...

I will still be PE through the end of January. If I book a flight in July before January 31st, will I receive the "almost" automatic upgrade to C+?

Thanks!
A little off topic, but if youd didnt fly a lot last year due to medical issues, you could try and submit a 3 month challenge to get your status back. https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...my-status.html
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
A little off topic, but if youd didnt fly a lot last year due to medical issues, you could try and submit a 3 month challenge to get your status back. https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...my-status.html
Yes, excellent suggestion. We have some trips planned for mid year, so I would want the timing of the challenge to match our plans.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.