Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2020 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2019, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2020 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2020, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
ATL-JFK
77L
Dinner

Full PDB offered and we even had the new noise canceling headsets set at our seats.

Choice of a short rib sandwich or a chicken antipasto plate.

Pretty lame meal for “dinner” but great crew and service.

Love and F and E SkyClubs!

Completely lame. This should be an easy filet route.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by landgraf13
Here is the Delta One menu on my flight from HNL to DTW this past weekend. Of course I opted for the Macadmia Nut Ice Cream (it should be required ex-HNL), but sadly there were no additional toppings offered.
Yes it's a sorry little scoop of bare ice-cream with no toppings... stingy and disappointing.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Yes it's a sorry little scoop of bare ice-cream with no toppings... stingy and disappointing.
Saw on the UA forum some time ago that people hold on to their mixed nuts from the beginning of service and use them to top off their ice cream at the end of service...
Old Feb 19, 2020, 5:50 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
I did a search through the thread and found several people posting the menu of delta one domestic out of JFK serving chicken meatloaf. Just curious if anybody’s actually tried it? Got a flight next week and the choices are between the chicken meatloaf and the ricotta cannelloni.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 6:02 am

Programs: DL Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Saw on the UA forum some time ago that people hold on to their mixed nuts from the beginning of service and use them to top off their ice cream at the end of service...
My ATL - HNL flight 2 weeks ago did have the toppings offered, and while it wasn't the sundae cart of old, I still got a nice presentation with more than just ice cream. So that seems to still be hit or miss.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 7:28 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Breakfast
B777
JFK/ATL

Choices:
Granola or
Smoked Salmon Crepes with Lemon Berre Blanc Sauce

I have never seen the crepes before, so I wasn’t sure what I was getting.
They were AWESOME! Just a hint of flaked salmon, mostly scrambled egg filled, which were not overdone.

AeRoSpaceman and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb
LAX-SEA
DL 2540
Breakfast

Standard fare... sandwich was okay at best. Added sriracha and it helped; chorizo was not as flavorful as one would think.

Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:42 pm

SEA-LAX
DL 1907
Dinner

Had the Uli's before so opted for the salad. Decent. Shrimp weren't overly rubbery but slightly so. Salad was pre-dressed and only on the pasta so lacked a bit of flavor on the other, undressed veggies. Large leaf of lettuce made for a bit of clunkiness. Roll was warm; nice. Soup is always a nice touch ex-SEA but was very cream, cream forward - almost like a warm bowl of cream with a kiss of clam essence. Miss the S&P shakers; these packets are useless (namely for pepper).

Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
JFK-LAS
Dinner

Full PDB offered by a great overall crew.

Choice of a turkey salad (sounded like a real salad entree and not a turkey salad sandwich) or this chicken and bacon sandwich.

Tasted fine but it’s a rather meager meal offering for a flight of over 5.5 hours.

Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:46 pm

Pre-select LAX-CDG.
Thoughts on these items? I've had the meatballs before and not so inclined to try the fish. Any feedback or photos of the chicken piccata or lasagna for Int'l D1? Boo on no steak option...

Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
JFK-LAS
Dinner

Full PDB offered by a great overall crew.

Choice of a turkey salad (sounded like a real salad entree and not a turkey salad sandwich) or this chicken and bacon sandwich.

Tasted fine but it’s a rather meager meal offering for a flight of over 5.5 hours.
Was this one of the post 8pm 'dinner' offerings or was this supposed to be a full dinner service? If the latter, that's a pretty sad menu for dinner.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by owtrspace
LAX-SEA
DL 2540
Breakfast

Standard fare... sandwich was okay at best. Added sriracha and it helped; chorizo was not as flavorful as one would think.

"Flatbread roll"
Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by cmd320
Was this one of the post 8pm 'dinner' offerings or was this supposed to be a full dinner service? If the latter, that's a pretty sad menu for dinner.
Delta.com and the App both said “Dinner” versus “Snack” which this seemed more like (and what they call the meals added to the non premium transcon redeyes).
cmd320 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Delta.com and the App both said “Dinner” versus “Snack” which this seemed more like (and what they call the meals added to the non premium transcon redeyes).
DL has seemed to ditch the “snack” notation for meals and now just list Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner. Any flight that departs after 8pm that’s listed as “dinner” will typically get the “lunchtime” offering of a sandwich or salad.
cmd320 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Safe to say you departed after 8pm then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.