Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread ó 2020 Edition

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread ó 2020 Edition

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 28, 19, 5:21 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: ryandc99
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 13, 20, 9:27 am

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by TheSkyGuy View Post
Apologies if this has been asked before... Iím on mobile and couldnít find it in the thread or Wiki.

What is the typical procedure for meal preferences in first class?
Are you asking about the order that requests are taken? Best thing to do is to order in advance, which you can do in your reservation on the phone app or on the website. If you don't, the policy for domestic flights is supposed to be FEBO (front even back odd), meaning that on flights with an even flight number orders are taken front to back, and reverse on odd flights.
TheSkyGuy likes this.
Old Feb 13, 20, 9:28 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
If you're confirmed in first at least 72 hours before departure, (so, people who either bought a first class ticket, or received an upgrade at the medallion window as a Diamond, Platinum, or Gold), you will get a meal order email. You have until 24 hours before departure to select a meal option. If you do not select a meal option or if you are upgraded after online checkin opens (less than 24 hours before departure) you will make your meal selection on board. Delta practices FEBO (Front Even, Back Odd) which refers to where the flight attendant starts taking orders in relation to the flight number. So, on flight 1234, the flight attendant would start taking meal orders from the front of the cabin, and on flight 321, the flight attendant would start from the rear of the first class cabin and start taking orders from there, moving forward.
TheSkyGuy likes this.
Old Feb 13, 20, 9:54 am

Thanks all! Booked last night for a trip today so no preorder.
Old Feb 13, 20, 10:00 am

Programs: Delta F0
Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post
What was that scary looking round brown thing on the left of the tray???
Thats the dessert.....I didnít touch it and forget the menu description[/QUOTE]

Post #186 shows the same meal. That poster also didn't try it, but guessed that it was a pineapple upside-down cake. The shape would indicate this dessert belongs to the cake/tart family, but the exact genus and species remain unknown
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 20, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by diburning View Post
If you're confirmed in first at least 72 hours before departure, (so, people who either bought a first class ticket, or received an upgrade at the medallion window as a Diamond, Platinum, or Gold), you will get a meal order email. You have until 24 hours before departure to select a meal option. If you do not select a meal option or if you are upgraded after online checkin opens (less than 24 hours before departure) you will make your meal selection on board. Delta practices FEBO (Front Even, Back Odd) which refers to where the flight attendant starts taking orders in relation to the flight number. So, on flight 1234, the flight attendant would start taking meal orders from the front of the cabin, and on flight 321, the flight attendant would start from the rear of the first class cabin and start taking orders from there, moving forward.
Correction: 0n 321, the FA *should* (and might)......
diburning and GagaPilot like this.
Old Feb 13, 20, 11:19 am

Are there any Northwest Airlines veterans here who would remember what brand of Bourbon Northwest served on their flights in the early 70s?
Old Feb 13, 20, 12:18 pm

have been LGA-MCO and LGA-FLL this year, all in first. I've only had the snack basket option on one flight. Is Delta phasing this out in first?
Old Feb 13, 20, 12:27 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Ezzy77 View Post

Any recommendations? Shellfish allergy so prawns are out. All seem acceptable.
If you order the beef, you should expect DL to overcook it. DL seems to think that everyone wants beef served very well done.
Ezzy77 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 20, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by azdmelani View Post
have been LGA-MCO and LGA-FLL this year, all in first. I've only had the snack basket option on one flight. Is Delta phasing this out in first?
I cannot speak to it being phased out or not, but in my experience (on routes such as FL-NY) if there is a meal in First Class than the snack basket is not considered part of the service, if there is not a meal service than the snack basket is considered the meal service and would be offered.
azdmelani and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Feb 13, 20, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by kmersh View Post
I cannot speak to it being phased out or not, but in my experience (on routes such as FL-NY) if there is a meal in First Class than the snack basket is not considered part of the service, if there is not a meal service than the snack basket is considered the meal service and would be offered.
It depends on the length of the flight. Also, many FAs will offer the snack basket to FA passengers who decline the meal.
azdmelani likes this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 2:59 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum; Delta Platinum Medallion
Comfort+ Transcons

Is the meal any different for Comfort+ passengers vs Main Cabin on LAX-JFK transcons? What kind of meal is offered for a 2:15pm departing flight in Comfort+ on that route?
Old Feb 14, 20, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by nycityny View Post
Is the meal any different for Comfort+ passengers vs Main Cabin on LAX-JFK transcons? What kind of meal is offered for a 2:15pm departing flight in Comfort+ on that route?
Its the same offering....C+ just gets the first pick
Old Feb 15, 20, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS MVP, HHonors Silver
Hi All, first time Delta F class flyer most likely flying SEA-SNA on a CRJ700. What kind of meal can I expect? I'm a UA flyer and i haven't flown a long enough route on a CRJ in F to experience a meal by the embraers don't have ovens for hot meals either. So what's served on this route or this aircraft typically? I'm taking the evening flight so my meal will fall under the dinner column. Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 16, 20, 1:34 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
JFK-BOM on March 6th
I selected "Tandoori Lamb Chops"
Seems like I need 5 posts to link a picture
Old Feb 16, 20, 1:35 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Options for JFK-BOM on March 6th

strickerj likes this.

Last edited by rchiruma; Feb 16, 20 at 1:51 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: