Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2020 Edition

Old Dec 29, 2019, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2020 Edition

Old Feb 1, 2020, 10:42 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by pdxkat
DL2139
JFK-ATL

Man, I wish I hadn't listened to everyone about how awful the Reuben is, because my god, this salad was terrible. I was seated next to rubey419 on this flight and his Reuben looked amazing. I wish I had known he was a FTer at that point, I would have asked him about it....
(Bolding Mine) Did it look good from the top only? As soon as you try to pick that sucker up of a so called "Reuben" is just falls to pieces into a messy pile. Granted there are going to be flights where it is made correctly on the ground and prepared nice in the air but that is in my opinion ~5% or less of the time it is offered. Glad your seatmate got an edible one.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
RDU - CDG

AMS - BOS

RDU - CDG was the better meal but both seemed better with the new DL Y service (unfortunately the caeser wasn't available by the time they got to me on AMS - BOS)
Old Feb 2, 2020, 2:22 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by pdxkat
DL1362
LAX-JFK

Appetizer was I believe prosciutto and burrata (no menus were passed out to my side of the plane, so no idea. In fact, the FA seemed really disappointed that people were eating)

My ciabatta was plopped squarely into the middle of my butter mountain, like a work of art.

The meatballs were okay. There is a strange ricotta to meatball ratio in this meal. There is about 2/3 more ricotta than meatball volume - that's a LOT of ricotta! Under the sauce to the right of the ricotta is buried two slices of mushy garlic bread, not worth excavating them to eat.
I see that the service in domestic DeltaOne still leaves much to be desired. I had such an underwhelming experience that I haven't paid to sit in domestic D1 since that flight.

Your meatball dish seems similar to the one I had a few weeks ago in domestic F, except instead of a ricotta ball, I had mashed potatoes and garlic spinach under my meatballs.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 3:03 am

DL980
BOG-ATL

Interestingly, it seems that everyone on board pre-ordered the Panne Cook (at least that's what the FA told the gentleman in 1B who asked if he could change to the torrejas, her response was, "sorry, everyone on board pre-ordered and they only ordered eggs". What are the odds? I guess 26 to 1?)

Bread basket was passed, I wasn't interested in bread, as this meal is literally eggs in a bread bowl, but when the FA offered me the bread basket she had a puzzled look on her face. She named off the available breads, and then said, 'and then there is this thing, I don't know if it's a sweet bagel, or if that is salt?' That prompted me to try it. It was neither. It was kind of between a bagel and a donut, pretty much like the base of most desserts you would buy in a panaderia, and it was filled with a very small ribbon of dulce de leche
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Duke787
RDU - CDG

AMS - BOS

RDU - CDG was the better meal but both seemed better with the new DL Y service (unfortunately the caeser wasn't available by the time they got to me on AMS - BOS)
I had the chicken caeser last week from MAD-ATL. The dressing was awful. Thankfully I tasted it before added it to the salad. I had the same grilled chicken salad from ATL -MAD but it didn't have the strawberries. Agreed that the new Y service has improved from previously
Old Feb 2, 2020, 2:02 pm

I am flying Economy CDG to ATL , departing at 9:10 AM, later this month. Any idea what Delta has for breakfast options in Economy?
Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2020, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LoriJ
I am flying Economy CDG to ATL , departing at 9:10 AM, later this month. Any idea what Delta has for breakfast options in Economy?
Thanks!
You'll get lunch not breakfast. DL doesn't serve a breakfast meal on those early departures AFAIK. My flight in the pictures above for AMS - BOS with lunch (and a bellini) was a 10:20am departure and at the end of last year was on the early morning (9:40am) LHR - BOS flight with the same setup.

Originally Posted by trail_hiker
I had the chicken caeser last week from MAD-ATL. The dressing was awful. Thankfully I tasted it before added it to the salad. I had the same grilled chicken salad from ATL -MAD but it didn't have the strawberries. Agreed that the new Y service has improved from previously
I'm not a dressing person (just go for salad straight up or maybe a touch of olive oil if available) so haven't had to experience the dressing but good to know in case I'm ever tempted.

The strawberries were a nice touch and were quite delicious even though it's definitely not strawberry season here in NC at the moment.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 10:52 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Does longhaul D1 service (international or domestic) offer a mid flight snack option like UA does in Polaris (ie. grilled cheese and tomato soup, raman, etc..) that you can ask for if wanted or is it just snack basket sort of stuff? TIA.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 4:53 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Does longhaul D1 service (international or domestic) offer a mid flight snack option like UA does in Polaris (ie. grilled cheese and tomato soup, raman, etc..) that you can ask for if wanted or is it just snack basket sort of stuff? TIA.
I fly UA and DL extensively. DL does it differently. On long haul they offer a plated midflight snack. They come through the cabin with a formal service. United just kind of has it available if you want it. DL only offers snack basket stuff TATL from midwest/ east. Same for D1 domestic
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:20 am

I'm 21 days out from an international D1 flight. I don't yet see a place to choose the meal. When it shows up, where will I see it? Is it listed under the flight details? I have a flight to JFK without a meal so I would ASSume I'd need to expand the specific flight. I was hoping to see it far enough in advance to decide if I want to order a special meal.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:31 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Ezzy77
I'm 21 days out from an international D1 flight. I don't yet see a place to choose the meal. When it shows up, where will I see it? Is it listed under the flight details? I have a flight to JFK without a meal so I would ASSume I'd need to expand the specific flight. I was hoping to see it far enough in advance to decide if I want to order a special meal.
It won’t show up until 21 days from your exact departure time of the legs in question. When you do hit 21 days out, there is usually a “select entree” tab on the front page of “My Trips” in the DL App.
Ezzy77 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
You'll get lunch not breakfast. DL doesn't serve a breakfast meal on those early departures AFAIK. My flight in the pictures above for AMS - BOS with lunch (and a bellini) was a 10:20am departure and at the end of last year was on the early morning (9:40am) LHR - BOS flight with the same setup.

Thank you for letting me know, Duke. My ticket specifies breakfast but I'll make sure to eat something at the airport before boarding and expect lunch.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
It won’t show up until 21 days from your exact departure time of the legs in question. When you do hit 21 days out, there is usually a “select entree” tab on the front page of “My Trips” in the DL App.
Thank you. So I will open that particular leg to see it I would imagine. That makes sense.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:56 am

Programs: DL Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Any ATL-HNL and/or HNL-ATL recent photos or menus for D1? TIA!
I'm flying ATL - HNL on Thursday in D1 so I'll try to report back on it as reasonably quick as I can.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
Flying in June on D1 ATL-CDG. Flight leaves around 11 PM. According to the delta website dinner will be served. Will we get the whole, appetizer+main+ice cream service, or is it some kind of simplified service to quicken up the service? Hoping for the full deal, as this will be my first D1 flight.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.