Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Flight listed "N" Activity is not eligible for mileage credit

Old Dec 28, 2019, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...

My question: what is the best way to get the flight credit for my flight? Call? Email? Online form?

The flight shows as "N" "Activity is not eligible for mileage credit" when I look at my account.

The longer story:

Earlier this week Southern California got a big dump of snow at higher elevations. Notably the portion of I-5--the Grapevine--was closed and to my dismay several other coastal access routes. My 2 and 1/2 to 3 hour commute from Bakersfield to LAX ended up taking a bit more than 10 hours.

In that process I went from thinking we'll have time at the airport to relax before the flight to we're not going to make it.

I was able to SDC the 12:40 am flight to a morning departure. The CSR said, "are you sure, your upgrades to first have already cleared for the whole trip?*" but there was just too much traffic.

After boarding in the morning we were alerted to our delay, someone had called in sick and it was going to be thirty minutes before we had the replacement. It was going to make the connection tight, but doable. Unfortunately we were further delayed and unable to make up the time in the air.

The next flight to CLE was more than 6 hours later so I asked if it was possible to take a flight to PIT instead, whatever was going to go the fastest.

The club agent sorted it out and I was ticketed on MSP-PIT instead of MSP-CLE.

Now that leg is the one I'm not receiving credit for, I figure i might as well roll over all the miles I can, because you never know when you'll need them. But, not sure the best way to get the credit. Thanks in advance.

*As fate would have it, I was able to clear 2pax to first on the new flights as well...
Old Dec 28, 2019, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you want original routing credit, call and request it now, stressing that this was an involuntary change because of a delay (that was DL's fault).

In the meantime, be sure to keep all receipts and boarding passes.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you want original routing credit, call and request it now, stressing that this was an involuntary change because of a delay (that was DL's fault).

In the meantime, be sure to keep all receipts and boarding passes.
Thanks, I'll call right now.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Its pretty straight forward with the online form as well. Click comment/complaint, request missing mileage credit, fill in pertinent details and make sure to use the phrase original routing credit. I had this issue when snow IRROPS in MSP pushed me from a MDW flight over to ORD.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Its pretty straight forward with the online form as well. Click comment/complaint, request missing mileage credit, fill in pertinent details and make sure to use the phrase original routing credit. I had this issue when snow IRROPS in MSP pushed me from a MDW flight over to ORD.
I tried to start with the online form, but it indicated I had already been credited for the route.

I probably could have posted that earlier, but it seemed unnecessarily long already.

I've never had a problem with credit before, if calling resolves it, that is easy enough for me

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.