Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

GUC applied but still showing on account

Old Dec 28, 19, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

So I applied two GCU the day I became diamond through the platinum desk as the system had not updated to reflect I was a diamond yet on a flight and they cleared and seat was moved to D1 and I got updated itinerary email. However the certificates still show in my wallet and the delta support agent via iMessage shows all 4 open. Can someone tell me if the platinum agent messed up and didn’t remove them after she applied them or if they don’t disappear until all 4 are used. Never had certificates before so not sure how they work once used.

Also what are my options if she did indeed apply them wrong would I be able to use the 2 again or should I say something?

UPDATE - ISSUE RESOLVED

Last edited by Steven Citrin; Dec 28, 19 at 7:13 pm
Old Dec 28, 19, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Steven Citrin View Post
So I applied two GCU the day I became diamond through the platinum desk as the system had not updated to reflect I was a diamond yet on a flight and they cleared and seat was moved to D1 and I got updated itinerary email. However the certificates still show in my wallet and the delta support agent via iMessage shows all 4 open. Can someone tell me if the platinum agent messed up and didn’t remove them after she applied them or if they don’t disappear until all 4 are used. Never had certificates before so not sure how they work once used.

Also what are my options if she did indeed apply them wrong would I be able to use the 2 again or should I say something?

Torn as I know what the “right” thing to do is but feel like with the amount of trouble and issues I had with Delta over the last 2 months with getting to diamond that it’s karma.
They will (or should) change from showing as OPEN in your account when the ticket is reissued for D1.
Old Dec 28, 19, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

So I think the ticket already was reissued unless this happens at a later date which I guess is why I am posting for help. I updated on the 25th from V to OY and got an updated itinerary email so does that mean it’s been reissued or will delta process something else in the coming days( the email shows delta one with an O fair class but app shows OY). I figured it would have all happened then and there but again first time diamond member
Old Dec 28, 19, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Do you have a new ticket receipt with a new ticket number (starting with 006-) or not?

If you're not sure, a quick way to see the most recent ticket is to go to your itinerary when logged into delta.dumb and click on something like view receipt in the middle of the top. If the receipt (NOT just the PNR) says OY, it's been reissued.
Old Dec 28, 19, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

So doing that still shows a V class in the receipt. How long does it take to reissue? Should I be worried since I did it on the 25 and it hasn’t reissued yet. I mean I’m in the D1 seat and it’s showing Delta 1 as class of service.
Old Dec 28, 19, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHG, MG
Had a similar issue lately: RUCs cleared immediately when I called, and F seats showed on PNR, but RUCs still showed open in my wallet. Didn't think much of it since the new seats were showing, but when I tried to check in I got a "no electronic ticket" (or something along those lines) message. When I called the CSA indeed stated that the tickets had not been reissued, and that she had seen a lot of this after a recent change that the reissue had to be done manually. Took them about 20 min to reissue, but not problem with seat assignments etc, everything held.
Old Dec 28, 19, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Yeah this is exactly what’s happening. I just called the diamond desk and she said they moved me because there was award space but GCU is “queued” to be worked and they have until the date of the flight to close it out.
Old Dec 28, 19, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHG, MG
Originally Posted by Steven Citrin View Post
Yeah this is exactly what’s happening. I just called the diamond desk and she said they moved me because there was award space but GCU is “queued” to be worked and they have until the date of the flight to close it out.
You would think that this is a process with plenty of opportunity for problems due to leaving applied UCs open for weeks or months (mine were open for around 4 weeks after the upgrade phone call).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: