CíMon.... dogs in the skyclub

Old Dec 25, 19, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I've gone underground!
CíMon.... dogs in the skyclub

SLC skyclub. I really wish the staff patrolled and insisted on rules being followed. Bartender just came over and offered them drinks.
Old Dec 25, 19, 3:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are the dogs old enough to drink?
Old Dec 25, 19, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Are the dogs old enough to drink?
Seems like theyíre at least 3 in human years, so the answer is probably yes. Especially judging by the butt-pattern baldness in the one on the right.
bosman, DiverDave and jamesteroh like this.
Old Dec 25, 19, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL DM
Delta long ago gave up on the idea of the SkyClub being anything nice. Doesn't surprise me at all. Wish they'd drop the credit card freebies, double the membership price and weed it out a little instead of having throngs of people clamoring for mac and cheese and other Walmart gourmet delights
Old Dec 25, 19, 4:20 pm

bless your heart
Old Dec 25, 19, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
I brought my cat into the club a couple times. But, he was in a carrier the entire time. The only good thing is that they didn't charge me an entry fee for the cat unlike my wife.
wwu11 likes this.

Last edited by SJC ORD LDR; Dec 25, 19 at 5:14 pm
Old Dec 25, 19, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by bubbashow View Post
Delta long ago gave up on the idea of the SkyClub being anything nice. Doesn't surprise me at all. Wish they'd drop the credit card freebies, double the membership price and weed it out a little instead of having throngs of people clamoring for mac and cheese and other Walmart gourmet delights
ah yes, right on time, the "it's all the OTHER people in the club that are making it a dump"

Without those credit card freebies, Delta would have been out of business and you'd be sitting in an even shittier united club.
Hepsaint likes this.
Old Dec 25, 19, 4:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR View Post
I brought my cat into the club a couple times. But, he was in a carrier the entire time. The only good thing is that they didn't charge me an entry fee for the cat unlike my wife.
Your wife charges you an entry fee for the cat? Wow! How much is the fee and how often do you pay it?

OTOH if you're saying that the cat is unlike your wife, I guess that would be a good thing, although I hope the cat likes your wife.
Old Dec 25, 19, 4:32 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, United Plat, Amex Plat, Hotels.com Gold, Hertz 5 star, WMATA smartrip card
Interesting screen name, OP!
Old Dec 25, 19, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is likely an ESA.
Old Dec 25, 19, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, AS, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
As someone who gets into SCs on a ďcredit card freebieĒ ($550 annual fee for an AMEX Platinum is arguably not free), I find the tolerated cheapening of the SC experience like non-service dogs a bane on the clubs. Paying less money to use the club is not an excuse to reduce decorum.

But honestly, these days if clubs become even more expensive to use this kind of behavior will continue. Money no longer equals class.
Pittie Pup and mtofell like this.
Old Dec 25, 19, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Fairmont Presidents Club
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR View Post
Did you bring allergy medicine to hand out? Ridiculous that it would be let in as that means I would have to leave!
Old Dec 25, 19, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 View Post
ah yes, right on time, the "it's all the OTHER people in the club that are making it a dump"

No...its the overall amount of people in the club that make it a dump. Glad we agree it's a dump
Old Dec 25, 19, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Dog owners are some of the most entitled people around.
1P, pgh234, BamaGirl and 10 others like this.
Old Dec 25, 19, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA/DL/WN/ex-UA elite
Utterly ridiculous.

It's bad enough that fake service animals (ESA, same thing) can go pretty much anywhere, such as an airplane, but a SkyClub is not subject to that stupid law, is it?

Every once in a while I see a sign on a store that says NO PETS (specifically, real service animals only, since legally they are not pets, they are working animals). ^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: