Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Short of Diamond because of Partner Verification

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2019, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Trying to figure out what my options are and if there is anything I can do that I haven't already done to get this issue taken care of. Right now I am 704 MQM and 161 MQDs short of diamond but there is a segment of my YUL-MEX-GRU-MEX-YUL (specifically the GRU-MEX segment) that is still pending partner verification and as a result hasn't posted. The flight was on Dec 1st and list "posted" to my account on Dec 11th. I have uploaded mileage request twice(per support staffs request) with all boarding passes and have spoken to mgrs in the call center and Delta support staff on Twitter & iMessage because its just the 1 segment(which actually posted first to my account before the others which successfully posted and awarded miles for) and all Delta staff keep telling me is that there is nothing they can do and that it will post on X date for sure. This has happened twice and the date has come and past and its still pending and when I speak to them they just give me another date and say it will post by then. Everyone at Delta says its AeroMexicos fault and when I speak to AeroMexico they say its not them its Deltas so its essentially a back and forth now.

It really sucks since I have multiple flights lined up and I feel like im being screwed(sorry really frustrated on this) on all the benefits that come with diamond that I really would like to use (upgrade, clear, GUCs for a flight to India, and miles from the choice benefit for a cheap intl flight via miles that I want to take)

UPDATE- I appreciate everyones input on this. I woke up this morning and it has finally gone through guess it was a nice Christmas present from Delta lol Now I just have to wait till tomorrow to actually see the change and get the email but it feels good to be Diamond especially after so much work to get there.
rucksack, bcranger, wlau and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Steven Citrin; Dec 25, 2019 at 6:24 am
Old Dec 24, 2019, 3:48 pm

I had this on a couple of AM flights also over the last couple years. There was only one I never did get a positive result. But it took several times both to AM and Delta and getting AM to provide the proof I flew and proof it was as a Biz level category (maybe thats not your issue here just that they are not crediting any miles?)
Anyway, I do wish you luck. I will say it took couple months of back and forth (mostly cuz it would take Delta SM support 4 to 6 weeks to reply at times)
Old Dec 24, 2019, 4:08 pm

The good news is that you have an entire month left to get this sorted out (I suspect this is the exact reason why status doesn't expire until the end of January). Once your flight(s) are eventually posted retroactively, your 2020 status earned will be updated.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by Steven Citrin
Trying to figure out what my options are and if there is anything I can do that I haven't already done to get this issue taken care of. Right now I am 704 MQM and 161 MQDs short of diamond but there is a segment of my YUL-MEX-GRU-MEX-YUL (specifically the GRU-MEX segment) that is still pending partner verification and as a result hasn't posted. The flight was on Dec 1st and list "posted" to my account on Dec 11th. I have uploaded mileage request twice(per support staffs request) with all boarding passes and have spoken to mgrs in the call center and Delta support staff on Twitter & iMessage because its just the 1 segment(which actually posted first to my account before the others which successfully posted and awarded miles for) and all Delta staff keep telling me is that there is nothing they can do and that it will post on X date for sure. This has happened twice and the date has come and past and its still pending and when I speak to them they just give me another date and say it will post by then. Everyone at Delta says its AeroMexicos fault and when I speak to AeroMexico they say its not them its Deltas so its essentially a back and forth now.

It really sucks since I have multiple flights lined up and I feel like im being screwed(sorry really frustrated on this) on all the benefits that come with diamond that I really would like to use (upgrade, clear, GUCs for a flight to India, and miles from the choice benefit for a cheap intl flight via miles that I want to take)
I have similar issues and my PIA is China Airlines codeshare flights. If I book a CI-coded flight, the credit posts in 2 days and rarely beyond 3 days. If it's a DL-coded partner flight, then this nightmare ensues. I have called in so many times that I have a script to counter DL's agent scripted answers, which pokes holes in everything they say. I, too, contacted China Airlines, and through some other channels, they even can tell me what date they submitted the data to DL and exactly the data. It's DL the one sits on the data and not processing it, and try to blame it on the partner.

The "request mileage" link only works when that flight doesn't show at all. If that was the case, submitting the request link would trigger something in the system and it could post within a day.

If you have a flight already posted but in Q status, which is normally what "partner verification" means, it's stuck in lala land. You just to have wait out the 10 days (website say 7 days, but agent always say 10 days, when you call after 10 days, then will then grow it to 10 business days) before they will act. Call in and quickly explain the missing or stuck posting, and ask the agent to call SkyMiles desk.... only those people can do anything to fix.

By the way, I don't buy the "partner verification" crap excuse DL gives out:
1) when the flight shows up on your account in Q status, DL already received that partner data that you took the flight. Otherwise, it would never show up on your account. Technically, Q status should only last 24 hour according to DL's own processes.
2) the agent would then say they are waiting partner verification on how much to credit you, which is another load of crap because:

a) This is likely a codeshare flight sold under DL flight number;
b) DL sold the flight and know the value of the segment; the partner only know the fare class but not actually how much
c) DL has all "value data" to post the credit and ultimately the one to calculate MQM, MQD and bonus based on your status - information the Partner would not have
d) DL's MQM calculation between point A and point B may and often is different by few miles from the Partner's, so all data is in DL control using DL's calculation method, so it begs the questions what they are waiting for or what they are verifying. When I pose my question in this logical sense with surgical precision, no agent can give me an answer, then they resort to be un-polite or nasty.

I have a computer script that parse my account for such missing flight and by the 11th business day, it will flag me so I call in and quickly neutralize all the excuses and hoops and have them contact SkyMiles with the same line of comments I had to neutralize all excuses. With any luck, this can be fixed on the spot by SkyMiles desk, which means it will show in your account in about a day.

This codeshare posting is most frustrating part of DL. The agents make up these excuses like we are idiots. I think we all need to write customer relations to complain about this - this is a serious issue especially when Delta is growing partnership in Europe, Asia, Latin America, and these flights will become more common.

I think SkyMiles desk have some good people and it's the front line agents that are trained to block legitimate queries and try to make you give up. With you being PM, this is just not acceptable.
Pittie Pup likes this.

Last edited by wlau; Dec 24, 2019 at 4:48 pm
Old Dec 24, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
This exact pending verification from AM problem happened to me this year, with the Diamond desk reinputting the request to no avail. What you need to do is ask to be transferred to the SkyMiles desk and explain the situation to them, including that it has been 23 days, two reinputted requests, etc - and they can manually input the segment and it should update in a few hours max.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by bcranger
What you need to do is ask to be transferred to the SkyMiles desk...
What's the magic word for this? I have attempted this dozen times and it was made clear to me SkyMiles desk DO NOT speak to passengers and they would never take the phone call. Everything is passed back and forth through the front-line agent. If you know of a magic word to trigger an actual transfer, please kindly share it.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by wlau
What's the magic word for this? I have attempted this dozen times and it was made clear to me SkyMiles desk DO NOT speak to passengers and they would never take the phone call. Everything is passed back and forth through the front-line agent. If you know of a magic word to trigger an actual transfer, please kindly share it.
I didn't have to use a magic word when I called about this, but now that you mention it, I do remember being told that SM desk does not speak to passengers when I tried to get in touch re another issue. Maybe I lucked out and the agent(s) forgot. In that case, your best hope would be to have the Plat Desk agent explain your situation as best as possible to the SM desk.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by rizrizriz
I had this on a couple of AM flights also over the last couple years.....
Following was the contents of the email reply that I got that finally had it all sorted out, the last time, which was about a year ago

RE: Case Numbers 2941xxxx and 2860xxxx

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the multiple emails you have
sent in regards to your August and September travels with AeroMexico and
the MQM posting discrepancy.

For the September travel, I have added the additional MQMs to your
SkyMiles account. I am unable to post the MQMs under the flights, so the
additional MQMs will appear as 'SkyMiles Customer Resolution' when
viewing in your account and it has a posting date of September 23, 2018.

As for the August travel, AeroMexico submitted the travel to our system
as a 'T' fare (screen capture attached). In order for us to adjust that
travel we would need either the booking itinerary that shows fare class
booked or documentation from AeroMexico showing fare class.
Unfortunately boarding cards with the 'I' class on it is not sufficient
because we are unsure of how it was 'I' class (upgrade? or paid at gate
upgrade etc.).

Please reply to this email (the case for August's travel-2860xxxx-has
been filed) with the attachments so it will come directly to me and I
can process it immediately for you (I will be back in on Monday).

I can only imagine how frustrating this ordeal has been and I hope to
get this all finalized and updated for you as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Diamond Desk

Last edited by obscure2k; Dec 25, 2019 at 11:09 pm
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:25 pm

Glad it's getting resolved manually, but they can post the MQM and MQD correctly on the segment. I've seen this done repeated on my China Airlines flights.

I love how this agent argue boarding pass with "I" class is not sufficient. Boarding pass is the first thing they challenge you with, such that on partner flights, I always get a printed paper boarding pass. It's just funny how this goes full 360.

I don't know if there will be long term issue with "SkyMiles Customer Resolution" , it's a cop out and quick way to make you whole, but it may come back to bite you one day as you complained too much. I am personally torn by these workarounds, it's quicker but I rather it done correctly so there is no other consequences. In Delta's world, it can do no wrong, and customers are always guilty and customers always complain too much - no one retroactively look at the details of past issues and see it's Delta fault.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wlau
Glad it's getting resolved manually, but they can post the MQM and MQD correctly on the segment. I've seen this done repeated on my China Airlines flights.

I love how this agent argue boarding pass with "I" class is not sufficient. Boarding pass is the first thing they challenge you with, such that on partner flights, I always get a printed paper boarding pass. It's just funny how this goes full 360.

I don't know if there will be long term issue with "SkyMiles Customer Resolution" , it's a cop out and quick way to make you whole, but it may come back to bite you one day as you complained too much. I am personally torn by these workarounds, it's quicker but I rather it done correctly so there is no other consequences. In Delta's world, it can do no wrong, and customers are always guilty and customers always complain too much - no one retroactively look at the details of past issues and see it's Delta fault.
Yeah thats what made me kinda nervous and was wondering if they would come back with something about not giving it to me because I usually keep all the boarding passes and take pictures of them just in case. For this one segment (GRU-Mex) they took the boarding pass and gave me the little stub on the end (i cant remember the last time ive had that happen) and while everything is on the little stub (name, class fate, dates, route, etc) I figured they would have pushed back and said they wanted the full boarding pass. Going forward I just need to remember to take a picture of all the boarding passes the minute I get them
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Steven Citrin
Yeah thats what made me kinda nervous and was wondering if they would come back with something about not giving it to me because I usually keep all the boarding passes and take pictures of them just in case. For this one segment (GRU-Mex) they took the boarding pass and gave me the little stub on the end (i cant remember the last time ive had that happen) and while everything is on the little stub (name, class fate, dates, route, etc) I figured they would have pushed back and said they wanted the full boarding pass. Going forward I just need to remember to take a picture of all the boarding passes the minute I get them
It's actually pretty common for many airlines to collect the main portion of the boarding pass and leave you the stubby part for your records. Depend on the airline, the "class" information on that stub just show cabin class and not fare information. Those airlines check-in counter usually stick the checked bag receipt sticker to the back of the stub, to prevent it from being collected.

I've lived through too many of these issues and kind of know what type of excuse DL will use. As such, I usually do a re-print of the boarding pass at the kiosk so I have a complete record. In fact, I was challenged to produce the entire boarding pass once, which I did, and the response was like "oh, how did you get this, we usually see the stub part". In general, I find DL is not customer-friendly at all on partner flight posting. However, AF and KLM, along with China Eastern has been pretty good with proper posting, so I know if DL makes the effort, they can fix up whatever glitch in their system that's causing these issues.

Trust be told, I think these segments matter to most of us, to make our status and if DL keep doing this, it will drive away some customers as the headache is just too big go keep track all these codeshare flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.