Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How Long Does A DL Travel Voucher Promised Onboard Take To Receive?

Old Dec 24, 19, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Has anyone been verbally told that they would be receiving a DL travel voucher or Skymiles onboard a DL flight by the lead flight attendant using their iPad-like machines? If so, how long did it take to receive them? I was verbally told about a travel voucher I would be receiving onboard last week (for giving up my FC seat to an ill passenger) but it has not yet shown up in my account and I would like to book a trip. Thanks and Happy Holidays.
Old Dec 24, 19, 7:01 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle View Post
Has anyone been verbally told that they would be receiving a DL travel voucher or Skymiles onboard a DL flight by the lead flight attendant using their iPad-like machines? If so, how long did it take to receive them? I was verbally told about a travel voucher I would be receiving onboard last week (for giving up my FC seat to an ill passenger) but it has not yet shown up in my account and I would like to book a trip. Thanks and Happy Holidays.
Yes. Didnít you receive an email that day confirming? The FA should have asked you to enter your email

I have one from January and one from September that havenít posted yet. I recently reached out to the fulfillment email for this that the DM desk gave me because it had been so long.

Fastest Iíve seen it take is at least 2 weeks. I believe itís quoted up to 6, but can take longer.
Old Dec 24, 19, 7:37 am

Programs: Delta DM 2+MM
Originally Posted by btonkid12345 View Post
Yes. Didnít you receive an email that day confirming? The FA should have asked you to enter your email

I have one from January and one from September that havenít posted yet. I recently reached out to the fulfillment email for this that the DM desk gave me because it had been so long.

Fastest Iíve seen it take is at least 2 weeks. I believe itís quoted up to 6, but can take longer.
Agree with the above. Had an issue on June 21. FA took my email address and on June 21, received an email from Delta. Actual voucher posting on my account was July 8.
Old Dec 24, 19, 8:06 am
Original Poster

FA did not take my email address just my boarding pass for about 15 minutes then gave it back to me with a thank you and a verbal promise to issue me a DL travel voucher.
Old Dec 24, 19, 8:22 am

Programs: DL 1.6MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
FA did not take my email address just my boarding pass for about 15 minutes then gave it back to me with a thank you and a verbal promise to issue me a DL travel voucher.
I would reach out to the fulfillment team to ensure that they properly coded the incident on-board.
Old Dec 24, 19, 8:36 am

I would definitely call the Customer Care #8004552720 , give them all the information. They will give you a case#. Hopefully you will get an efficient person and they can handle it right away. If they do handle it immediately, they will tell you what they will do (such as give you the $150 voucher) and still give you a case number in case need to call back. The voucher should show up almost immediately in your wallet, or by the next day. Customer Care hours: M-F 8a-9p ET.

Good luck. I've always had excellent assistance from them.
Old Dec 24, 19, 8:40 am

btonkid12345 and Intl359Widget: What is the fulfillment team? Is there a number for them? Sounds like something/someplace helpful.
Old Dec 24, 19, 11:11 am

Programs: DL DM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime GE), National Emerald Executive
It takes some 2-6 months, and you have to keep contacting CS some 5-10 times, until they will finally send it to you. It's a manual process (as is everything with DL, remember, DL hates automation or any QA, testing, etc.). Be prepared to put in hours upon hours of asking to get what you were promised and getting a lot of nonsense responses back that are trying to weasel their way out of giving to you what was promised and you have the e-mail receipt/confirmation which says that it is coming. Send them the e-mail receipt you got that said it would be coming and keep asking them to explain why it still hasn't been sent to you, and don't take no for an answer.

Good luck (you're going to need it).
Old Dec 24, 19, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RealHJ View Post
It takes some 2-6 months, and you have to keep contacting CS some 5-10 times, until they will finally send it to you. It's a manual process (as is everything with DL, remember, DL hates automation or any QA, testing, etc.). Be prepared to put in hours upon hours of asking to get what you were promised and getting a lot of nonsense responses back that are trying to weasel their way out of giving to you what was promised and you have the e-mail receipt/confirmation which says that it is coming. Send them the e-mail receipt you got that said it would be coming and keep asking them to explain why it still hasn't been sent to you, and don't take no for an answer.

Good luck (you're going to need it).
I never got an email receipt. Lead flight attendant never asked for my email address. Only my boarding pass.
Old Dec 24, 19, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime GE), National Emerald Executive
I never got an email receipt. Lead flight attendant never asked for my email address. Only my boarding pass.
Oh... then it may have never really went anywhere.

I had an experience where I entered my e-mail on their mobile device. Later that day or next day got the e-mail receipt saying it'll come in 4-6 weeks. In the end took nearly half a year to get it and multiple - highly frustrating - contacts to CS. But at least I had the receipt/letter promising that it's coming to support my claim, without that you may be out of luck...

Worth a try, but I don't think DL is going to go and find, trace down the FA who gave it to you and verify did they indeed mean to do so and then do that. I mean, they may, you may be lucky. If you get it in the end, I'd buy a bunch of lottery tickets the same day as well.

Next time, get it in writing.

It seems that the "fulfillment" on these is a manual process and the "fulfillers" are probably paid to "fulfill" as few of these and deny as much as possible.
Old Dec 24, 19, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHG, MG
Originally Posted by lking View Post
I would definitely call the Customer Care #8004552720 , give them all the information. They will give you a case#. Hopefully you will get an efficient person and they can handle it right away. If they do handle it immediately, they will tell you what they will do (such as give you the $150 voucher) and still give you a case number in case need to call back. The voucher should show up almost immediately in your wallet, or by the next day. Customer Care hours: M-F 8a-9p ET.

Good luck. I've always had excellent assistance from them.
Before getting caught up in hypotheticals and conspiracies, just call costumer service first as suggested by lking, they might surprise you!
Old Dec 24, 19, 10:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The answer is it depends. I suspect some pursers don't download the data from their iPad to DL very frequently. OTOH, recently I received some miles surprisingly fast, although I had the email so I wasn't worried.
Old Dec 25, 19, 9:38 am

Programs: Delta GM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
The answer is it depends. I suspect some pursers don't download the data from their iPad to DL very frequently. OTOH, recently I received some miles surprisingly fast, although I had the email so I wasn't worried.
I've gotten a good look at the SkyPros on a number of occasions. They are connected to the Gogo internet in flight and have cell service on the ground.
Old Dec 28, 19, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Just to update and close the loop on this thread. No phone call to DL corporate was needed. The travel voucher just showed up in my account exactly 6 days after the flight as promised by the lead flight attendant without any intervention from me. I never did receive any emails- neither after the flight nor upon receipt of the travel voucher. Allís well that ends well. Thanks everyone.
Zorak likes this.

Last edited by sydneyracquelle; Dec 28, 19 at 5:39 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: