FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   How Long Does A DL Travel Voucher Promised Onboard Take To Receive? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2001095-how-long-does-dl-travel-voucher-promised-onboard-take-receive.html)

sydneyracquelle Dec 24, 2019 3:58 am

How Long Does A DL Travel Voucher Promised Onboard Take To Receive?

Has anyone been verbally told that they would be receiving a DL travel voucher or Skymiles onboard a DL flight by the lead flight attendant using their iPad-like machines? If so, how long did it take to receive them? I was verbally told about a travel voucher I would be receiving onboard last week (for giving up my FC seat to an ill passenger) but it has not yet shown up in my account and I would like to book a trip. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

btonkid12345 Dec 24, 2019 6:01 am

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle (Post 31871980)
Has anyone been verbally told that they would be receiving a DL travel voucher or Skymiles onboard a DL flight by the lead flight attendant using their iPad-like machines? If so, how long did it take to receive them? I was verbally told about a travel voucher I would be receiving onboard last week (for giving up my FC seat to an ill passenger) but it has not yet shown up in my account and I would like to book a trip. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Yes. Didn’t you receive an email that day confirming? The FA should have asked you to enter your email

I have one from January and one from September that haven’t posted yet. I recently reached out to the fulfillment email for this that the DM desk gave me because it had been so long.

Fastest I’ve seen it take is at least 2 weeks. I believe it’s quoted up to 6, but can take longer.

lking Dec 24, 2019 6:37 am

Originally Posted by btonkid12345 (Post 31872125)
Yes. Didn’t you receive an email that day confirming? The FA should have asked you to enter your email

I have one from January and one from September that haven’t posted yet. I recently reached out to the fulfillment email for this that the DM desk gave me because it had been so long.

Fastest I’ve seen it take is at least 2 weeks. I believe it’s quoted up to 6, but can take longer.

Agree with the above. Had an issue on June 21. FA took my email address and on June 21, received an email from Delta. Actual voucher posting on my account was July 8.

sydneyracquelle Dec 24, 2019 7:06 am

FA did not take my email address just my boarding pass for about 15 minutes then gave it back to me with a thank you and a verbal promise to issue me a DL travel voucher.

Intl359Widget Dec 24, 2019 7:22 am

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle (Post 31872272)
FA did not take my email address just my boarding pass for about 15 minutes then gave it back to me with a thank you and a verbal promise to issue me a DL travel voucher.

I would reach out to the fulfillment team to ensure that they properly coded the incident on-board.

lking Dec 24, 2019 7:36 am

I would definitely call the Customer Care #8004552720 , give them all the information. They will give you a case#. Hopefully you will get an efficient person and they can handle it right away. If they do handle it immediately, they will tell you what they will do (such as give you the $150 voucher) and still give you a case number in case need to call back. The voucher should show up almost immediately in your wallet, or by the next day. Customer Care hours: M-F 8a-9p ET.

Good luck. I've always had excellent assistance from them.

lking Dec 24, 2019 7:40 am

btonkid12345 and Intl359Widget: What is the fulfillment team? Is there a number for them? Sounds like something/someplace helpful.

RealHJ Dec 24, 2019 10:11 am

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle (Post 31871980)

It takes some 2-6 months, and you have to keep contacting CS some 5-10 times, until they will finally send it to you. It's a manual process (as is everything with DL, remember, DL hates automation or any QA, testing, etc.). Be prepared to put in hours upon hours of asking to get what you were promised and getting a lot of nonsense responses back that are trying to weasel their way out of giving to you what was promised and you have the e-mail receipt/confirmation which says that it is coming. Send them the e-mail receipt you got that said it would be coming and keep asking them to explain why it still hasn't been sent to you, and don't take no for an answer.

Good luck (you're going to need it).

sydneyracquelle Dec 24, 2019 10:38 am

Originally Posted by RealHJ (Post 31872798)
It takes some 2-6 months, and you have to keep contacting CS some 5-10 times, until they will finally send it to you. It's a manual process (as is everything with DL, remember, DL hates automation or any QA, testing, etc.). Be prepared to put in hours upon hours of asking to get what you were promised and getting a lot of nonsense responses back that are trying to weasel their way out of giving to you what was promised and you have the e-mail receipt/confirmation which says that it is coming. Send them the e-mail receipt you got that said it would be coming and keep asking them to explain why it still hasn't been sent to you, and don't take no for an answer.

Good luck (you're going to need it).

I never got an email receipt. Lead flight attendant never asked for my email address. Only my boarding pass.

RealHJ Dec 24, 2019 11:29 am

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle (Post 31872865)
I never got an email receipt. Lead flight attendant never asked for my email address. Only my boarding pass.

Oh... then it may have never really went anywhere.

I had an experience where I entered my e-mail on their mobile device. Later that day or next day got the e-mail receipt saying it'll come in 4-6 weeks. In the end took nearly half a year to get it and multiple - highly frustrating - contacts to CS. But at least I had the receipt/letter promising that it's coming to support my claim, without that you may be out of luck... :(

Worth a try, but I don't think DL is going to go and find, trace down the FA who gave it to you and verify did they indeed mean to do so and then do that. I mean, they may, you may be lucky. If you get it in the end, I'd buy a bunch of lottery tickets the same day as well. :D

Next time, get it in writing.

It seems that the "fulfillment" on these is a manual process and the "fulfillers" are probably paid to "fulfill" as few of these and deny as much as possible.

Dutch101 Dec 24, 2019 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by lking (Post 31872367)
I would definitely call the Customer Care #8004552720 , give them all the information. They will give you a case#. Hopefully you will get an efficient person and they can handle it right away. If they do handle it immediately, they will tell you what they will do (such as give you the $150 voucher) and still give you a case number in case need to call back. The voucher should show up almost immediately in your wallet, or by the next day. Customer Care hours: M-F 8a-9p ET.

Good luck. I've always had excellent assistance from them.

Before getting caught up in hypotheticals and conspiracies, just call costumer service first as suggested by lking, they might surprise you!

MSPeconomist Dec 24, 2019 9:57 pm

The answer is it depends. I suspect some pursers don't download the data from their iPad to DL very frequently. OTOH, recently I received some miles surprisingly fast, although I had the email so I wasn't worried.

ekozie Dec 25, 2019 8:38 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31874240)
The answer is it depends. I suspect some pursers don't download the data from their iPad to DL very frequently. OTOH, recently I received some miles surprisingly fast, although I had the email so I wasn't worried.

I've gotten a good look at the SkyPros on a number of occasions. They are connected to the Gogo internet in flight and have cell service on the ground.

sydneyracquelle Dec 28, 2019 4:04 am

Just to update and close the loop on this thread. No phone call to DL corporate was needed. The travel voucher just showed up in my account exactly 6 days after the flight as promised by the lead flight attendant without any intervention from me. I never did receive any emails- neither after the flight nor upon receipt of the travel voucher. All’s well that ends well. Thanks everyone.