Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL 2020 Travel Guide

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DL 2020 Travel Guide

I boarded my recent DL flight to see this 60+ page booklet in my seatback pocket:

Does anyone know what this is about? My seatmate didn't have one in theirs and I haven't seen these in SkyClubs......just curious what they're trying to doing here. Recommend Custom Publishing produced this in conjunction with DL's Shane Spyak.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
just curious what they're trying to doing here.
Did you open it? I feel like a quick flip through could answer your question.

Not having access to the books interior I would assume that they're trying to highlight their EMEA travel options, as non frequent fliers typically don't realize that Delta flies international.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
The picture looks like Vernazza in the Cinque Terre.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 11:20 pm

It a town in Italy. Vernazza
Old Dec 24, 2019, 2:30 am

That view of Vernazza gets used a lot. I appreciate it, because my ex and I did not quite make the climb that high up carrying our 4-year-old daughter. Out on the pier to the right was a pizza place who claimed that they or someone else in Vernazza had invented pesto. In the 20 years since, I've heard that claim elsewhere in Italy, but I suppose now it could really be investigated online, if I really cared.

Last good memories of a declining marriage... and no, going to Venice -- to have my romantic delusions dashed -- later that week did not fix anything. But I do send her beautiful Italian travel and cooking videos now and then; it's just the decent thing to do...
Old Dec 24, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: Formally TPAbound/Delta Diamond 1MM/Hilton Diamond/Marriott Silver/Priority Club Gold
Hi FT'rs,

I saw this magazine at the Skyclub in Phoenix. I believe I saw it back in October or November. I thumbed through it looking for new ideas for an upcoming Rome trip; however, Rome wasn't featured.

Happy Holidays!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.