FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Love the lack of recognition!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2000277-love-lack-recognition.html)

lucycan Dec 17, 2019 6:12 pm

Love the lack of recognition!!

On a flight today MSP to RDU. The FA came thru the FC cabin about half way through and specifically called out my seat mate congratulating him on his Million Miler and Platinum status. Spent maybe 10 min recognizing folks in FC and C+ on various levels of patronage. Thing is I am a MM and DM. No recognition whatsoever. Odd? I'm sad.

exwannabe Dec 17, 2019 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by lucycan (Post 31850955)
On a flight today MSP to RDU. The FA came thru the FC cabin about half way through and specifically called out my seat mate congratulating him on his Million Miler and Platinum status. Spent maybe 10 min recognizing folks in FC and C+ on various levels of patronage. Thing is I am a MM and DM. No recognition whatsoever. Odd? I'm sad.

I would be glad the FA left me in peace.

danielvdm Dec 17, 2019 6:54 pm

My dad is a 2MM DM and this happens frequently to him... maybe you're not paying enough for your tickets?

cre95 Dec 17, 2019 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by danielvdm (Post 31851049)
My dad is a 2MM DM and this happens frequently to him... maybe you're not paying enough for your tickets?

Are you saying that your dad isn’t and thus infer that’s the reason he doesn’t get recognition?

OhDoctor Dec 17, 2019 7:19 pm

I'm an FO and I'm happy if they make eye contact at any point during the flight.

Schuhfly Dec 17, 2019 7:45 pm

This happened to me when they recognized my husband for being PM when I am a DM and got nothing. It was a strange experience. The purser was really apologetic and said his app tells him who to go around and thank.

xliioper Dec 17, 2019 7:49 pm

Perhaps FA's picked up on your lack of neediness and reacted accordingly. Suggest you adjust your vibes on next flight.

Skystreak Dec 17, 2019 7:51 pm

Did you get a gate upgrade? If you get upgraded after they print the manifest the FAs don't know who you are unless they use their phone.

keitherson Dec 17, 2019 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Schuhfly (Post 31851168)
This happened to me when they recognized my husband for being PM when I am a DM and got nothing. It was a strange experience. The purser was really apologetic and said his app tells him who to go around and thank.

You complained to the purser that you weren't thanked? Awkward.. :D

micgolub Dec 17, 2019 10:08 pm

What to say

After being thanked for being GM, pm or dm..... What do you say in response?

Also when they say if you need assistance with anything please let them know.... Has anyone ever taken them up on this offer?

Zorak Dec 17, 2019 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by micgolub (Post 31851480)
After being thanked for being GM, pm or dm..... What do you say in response?

My responses are usually one of
- awkward silence, maybe with a head nod
- "thank you" back at them which makes no sense and is just as if not more awkward
- I've thought about but haven't tried "my pleasure" which also seems weird
- "you're welcome", even though it's normally a totally fine response to "thank you", also feels weird to me for some reason (same for variations like "no problem") but maybe I'm overthinking this

in short I think all my ideas are stupid so if anyone comes up with something better let me know :o

Long Train Runnin Dec 17, 2019 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31851520)
My responses are usually one of
- awkward silence, maybe with a head nod
- "thank you" back at them which makes no sense and is just as if not more awkward
- I've thought about but haven't tried "my pleasure" which also seems weird
- "you're welcome", even though it's normally a totally fine response to "thank you", also feels weird to me for some reason (same for variations like "no problem") but maybe I'm overthinking this

in short I think all my ideas are stupid so if anyone comes up with something better let me know :o

The best thing to say IMHO is "thank you with crews like yours you guys make it easy"

Of course I am just a GM on gifted status ;) but it seems to do the trick.

Annalisa12 Dec 17, 2019 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by exwannabe (Post 31850972)

Same.

You could of stood up and congratulatrd yourself thus shaming staff for forgetting a VIP.

Singleflyer Dec 18, 2019 3:25 am

Originally Posted by exwannabe (Post 31850972)

I agree 100%

fotographer Dec 18, 2019 3:47 am

Lucycan... just to hopefully make your day, a little nicer and put a smile on your face..

Welcome aboard Lucycan.... I , would like you welcome you aboard our DL flight from MSP to RDU.. I am very thankful of your status with DL
your status of being not only a DM and a MM is much to be admired, and we all at the DL thank you for choosing the best airline in the world.

we hope to see you again on another DL soon, Now, if there is anything else I can do for you .. please do not hesitate to ask. Perhaps another drink refill or snack?
and yes can we interest you in a CC offer (sorry that is with AA)

Hope this helps