Love the lack of recognition!!

Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by HDQDD
Michael Bolton? "I celebrate the guy's entire catalog!"
Are you Tony Hawk?
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Delete
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
These are my favorite threads and one of the reasons I love reading pages of responses.

A person fixates on something completely and utterly trivial.
They post about this as if it’s an injustice or war crime.

And then most people pile on, and some people defend.
It’s hilarious.

I apply the ‘letter to editor test’ here.

Would the OP have taken the time to write a hand written letter, or type out and mail a form letter to an editor of a paper or management about this?

if no - read the comments and giggle.

if yes - read the comments and giggle.

the internet makes it sooo easy for people to complain about the most ridiculous things in the world.

At least many of us can watch with amusement all the reactions from our screens too
lsquare and strickerj like this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:55 am

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
This thread is sort of turning into a "DYKWIA Light" thread!! :-)

Personally, I really don't care one way or the other, I view the "thank you for being" like our daily "How are you", creating a ruckus if actually answered honestly (i.e. "Now that you ask, let me tell you about my constipation problems I had when going to the bathroom this morning"). I think we all stick with "fine, thank you" even though we may be on death's door!! Similar to the FA thank you, we all know it is corporate meaningless niceties, and any or no answer in return , being just as meaningless, will suffice. JMHO
Old Dec 18, 2019, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by El Boocho
Are you Tony Hawk?
Originally Posted by HDQDD
Michael Bolton? "I celebrate the guy's entire catalog!"
😄

it’s more like one of those names where the single name is the Brand. Like Versace.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 9:38 am

Personally I think I should get thanked for having no status, freeing up space for all of the medallions to get upgraded and serving as a body to stuff into the middle seat.
wrp96, strickerj and Tine Rod like this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by rsqrott
Personally I think I should get thanked for having no status, freeing up space for all of the medallions to get upgraded and serving as a body to stuff into the middle seat.
Thank you
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:04 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Did you inquire if they knew who you are?
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Tine Rod
😄

it’s more like one of those names where the single name is the Brand. Like Versace.
Don't leave us in suspense
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:41 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Tine Rod
... In the Forum? Oh yeah, Ver-sayce!
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Don't leave us in suspense
It’s Versace 🤐
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
I thought the standard response when thanked was "Do You Know Who I Am?"
Old Dec 18, 2019, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by DTWflyer
I thought the standard response when thanked was "So You Know Who I Am?"
fixed it for you.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: DL PM
I'm astonished this made it past beta testing. Ever passenger I've seen be thanked in this way is always super uncomfortable, as is the FA, as it's very impersonal and repetitive. One man even responded with "Oh, thank you, that's very heartfelt (sarcasm)." I felt bad for the flight attendant as she was just doing her job.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:51 pm

I really don't understand why people get so worked up about this. If the FA is taking the time and making the effort to go around and thank pax, they obviously care about doing the best job that they can and the customer. This is so much better than the ATL based crews that just go through the motions, doing the bare minimum, as surly as can be. I always make sure to the let FA know that their hard work and effort is appreciated and does not go unnoticed.

With all the data that DL collects now, what goes around, comes around. FA's are human, and humans feel joy when they see that their actions have directly made someone else happy. Eventually, and perhaps even now, FA's are going to know beforehand whether its worth it to go out of their way for a customer. If the customer is going to be grateful, FA's will put in the effort for you, and if you're ungrateful, nobody is going to go out of their way for you.

I was in Y for the first time this year last week. The FA came around to check on me periodically to refill my glass and see if there was any additional snacks or drinks or anything else he could bring me. It wound up being one of my most enjoyable flights this year - I received more attentive service than the pax in F! I talked to him for a couple minutes, but did not inquire as to why I was receiving special treatment, but I am fairly certain it was because of the data they have collected on me over the years. Moral of the story...be nice
MSPeconomist and strickerj like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.