Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta System Outage 12/16/2019 & Fly Delta App - "Test Notification"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta System Outage 12/16/2019 & Fly Delta App - "Test Notification"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hertz PC, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by BradleyFlyer
Yuck. Good luck on your travels. Hopefully this doesn't impact operations.
Luckily it seems like I’ve been spared since its a Virgin operated flight. There seemed to be some confusion at the Delta check-in counters, but I don’t know if thats related or a coincidence.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: Delta
Same here. Can't log in from android or on the website.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
App asks to check your information and try again but somehow I don’t think my fingerprint will change.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Operations might be coming back. I'm seeing a bunch of DL mainline aircraft moving around at MSP again.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
Still cant log-in here in California
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:57 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond

Known Technical Issue

We are addressing a technology issue that is impacting the ability for customers to log-in to their SkyMiles account on Delta.com and the Fly Delta app. There is currently no impact to flights or airport operations. We apologize for the inconvenience as we work quickly to correct this issue.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Operations might be coming back. I'm seeing a bunch of DL mainline aircraft moving around at MSP again.
where planes grounded or something? Nothing has stopped moving at LAX
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by RealHJ
I am sure that a lot of pax would love to go back to nwa.com (and the back-end PARS), that had more functionality and was far more reliable than the DL dumbed down, never tested, extremely buggy site and systems. But of course DL always chooses the cheapest path, and views any kind of QA and testing as its arch nemesis.
Oh yeah! Worst decision ever during the merger was to not use the robust NWA software.
RealHJ likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SunChips
where planes grounded or something? Nothing has stopped moving at LAX
See my previous post in this thread. It didn't look like flights were "grounded" and there was normal traffic movement at and around MSP (low altitude stuff shows) by other carriers and some operators of DLConnection RJs. However, with no movements of DL flight numbers, MSP looked extremely quiet for a bit.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by indufan
Oh for crying out loud, would you like them to go back to delta-air.com?
As long as it works, I really don't give a hoot. I don't know if its causal, but as DL tries to make their website fancier and fancier, we seem to be getting a lot more technical issues. Twice in three days. They other odd thing I had over the last few days was a bunch of notifications that my boarding pass was available for flights to places I wasn't going. I had a notification that my boarding pass to RDU, CMH and BNA were all available (none of which I was going to) and a also received a notification that my boarding pass was ready for my flight 48 hours prior to departure.

This has got to be costing DL a substantial amount of revenue with all the last minute tickets that can't be booked. Perhaps it will finally get DL's attention that they need to have a reliable, simple website.
GopherMSP likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
So how much more traffic are the desks getting at the airport if you can't login on the mobile app? I guess you can still (hopefully) print your ticket from the kiosk.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I wish DL could go back to the old interface of even a few months ago on app and site. These tech issues seem to be piling up ever since, and I honestly hate navigating the new site
RealHJ and GopherMSP like this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hertz PC, IHG Gold
Looks like its back. Just successfully logged into my iOS app. Have my boarding passes and everything.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:54 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I can access my SkyMiles account information with no issue; so perhaps the outage has been resolved?
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by B302LS
Looks like its back. Just successfully logged into my iOS app. Have my boarding passes and everything.
Same here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.