Wiki Posts
Search

Only need 6969 miles to 1 million 😉

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM | 1 Million Miler
Only need 6969 miles to 1 million 😉

I did a quick calculation and I blew air out of my nose when I saw how many miles I needed to hit 1 million.

I’ve been flying with Delta for 10 years since getting out of college.

Job 1: 2009 - 2012
Job 2: 2012 - present

2009 - 2016: Platinum
2017 - 2018: Diamond
2019: Platinum until Oct

Delta’s MQD’s are hard to get for me because my company flies the cheapest ticket.

Old Dec 16, 2019, 7:14 am

nice, nice
Old Dec 16, 2019, 8:14 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Only need 298,270 miles to hit 4 million!

Started my travel life some 31 years ago. Dedicated to United initially as I was based at ORD, then to USAir when relocated to the Dayton area. That was a short lived friendship. Moved to Delta with CVG 28 years ago and haven't looked back! Expect to hit the 4 million mark in 2021!
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hertz PC, National EE, Bonvoy TE, GE, CLEAR
Giggity!
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: Delta, United
I figure when one hits such a milestone Data should give them a certificate for a two hour massage with at least half of the time spent on one's butt and back after all those BIS hours.
mfong, williwaw, godspd and 6 others like this.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Congrats! I too am just shy of 7000 to hit Million Miler. I flew Delta almost exclusively for 10 years, before switching to another carrier. This year I've been trying to find the best flights to maximize mileage to hit the million. Found a RT on Delta from MIA to PVG for $500 that really helped last month. Getting close!
mfong likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I made 1MM when the merger combined my NW and DL accounts. Got a nice Hartmann roller that isn’t something I use.
Hit 2MM on DL 3 years ago and got a Tumi hard side spinner which is nice. But the most important perk for me is the ‘annual’ ST gold. Kind of a soft landing when I drop my paid flying down. Also, I’m amazed at how many DL staff (at least those who look at a profile) are impressed by and comment on/thank me for 2MM. Just last week, the SC agent who checked me in at HNL wished me well on attaining 3MM^
mfong likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM | 1 Million Miler
Sorry about the late replies guys!

I understand I’m just a baby when compared to you. It’s nice to see some dedicated flyers even though Delta likes to make program enhancements.

it’s amazing to see an almost 4 million miler.

I already looked into gifts. I think the Hartmann bags is still an option, however there’s a Tiffany’s gift (not gift card) that my wife is eyeing.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 11:33 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by DL Platinum
Only need 298,270 miles to hit 4 million!

Started my travel life some 31 years ago. Dedicated to United initially as I was based at ORD, then to USAir when relocated to the Dayton area. That was a short lived friendship. Moved to Delta with CVG 28 years ago and haven't looked back! Expect to hit the 4 million mark in 2021!
This is SAD yet impressive!!! I practically live in Delta and SkyTeam planes and I know how hard it is to amass 1M butt in seat miles, especially in economy, let alone 3.7M miles. I'd be divorced 3.7 times over.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: DL DM Hilton Diamond WN A List
Well, here, no dog, no cat, no wife (anymore), multiple ladies who like these miles

Old Dec 21, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
After 10 years of flying every other week or so and amassing a measly 1.2M miles, I find it hard to fathom 5MM. Hats off and shedding a tear for you, amigo.
sdadept likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by orca15
After 10 years of flying every other week or so and amassing a measly 1.2M miles, I find it hard to fathom 5MM. Hats off and shedding a tear for you, amigo.
Three more decades and you should be approaching 5MM.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:45 pm

What benefit is it to be a million miler? Without looking it up, I think one gets a gift and possibly permanent silver status.

I flew Delta a lot but then stopped. I am 200,000 miles short. At my current rate, I won't hit 1 million for 30 years. If I go back to Delta, I will become a million miler in a couple of years.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 4:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by A318neo
What benefit is it to be a million miler? Without looking it up, I think one gets a gift and possibly permanent silver status.

I flew Delta a lot but then stopped. I am 200,000 miles short. At my current rate, I won't hit 1 million for 30 years. If I go back to Delta, I will become a million miler in a couple of years.
This, plus some DL employees thank you for being a MMer.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by wlau
This is SAD yet impressive!!! I practically live in Delta and SkyTeam planes and I know how hard it is to amass 1M butt in seat miles, especially in economy, let alone 3.7M miles. I'd be divorced 3.7 times over.
Well, it's not really all BIS miles as that includes MQM bonus on certain fare classes and credit card MQM bonus.

Case in point:

My flight diary, even though not entirely accurate because i lost access to my AOL email, so I couldn't upload flights i had prior to my gmail account being used.

I would think a more accurate BIS estimate is around 75% of what your million miler miles are, including DL ST partners, unless of course you fly a significant amount of paid international J, which then it will be less.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.