Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Rescheduling non ref ticket beyond 1 year purchase date

Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, United Premier Silver

Has anyone had any success rescheduling a non refundable ticket to a date that is beyond one year from the date of purchase.

We have had a change in plans and our next time to fly will be 3 months after the 1 year deadline.

I am a million miler -- will that help?
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: DL DM
I assume this was a domestic ticket? I have seen a situation where Delta extended a ticket for 30 day beyond the expiration date (travel had to be completed). I am about 99% certain, you will be lucky if you get that.
Million miler will have zero affect. If it is an international ticket, then you could restart the clock by having it reticketed prior to the expiration date and the clock will start over again. Of course, you will then pay two
change fees, so it may not be worth it.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Yes -- domestic

I have found that sometimes a supervisor will "bend" the rules if you are not a frequent offender.
I will give it a try but I am not optimistic.

Thx
Old Dec 14, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by pacheco18
Yes -- domestic

I have found that sometimes a supervisor will "bend" the rules if you are not a frequent offender.
I will give it a try but I am not optimistic.

Thx
The Supervisors authority only goes to 45 days beyond expiration date. They can authorize exchanging the expired ticket with a MCO (misc charge voucher), but strictly maximum 45 days after expiration.

And thats if they want to bend anything for you. 45 days after expiration of the ticket and the only thing they can do is issue a brand new voucher for the amount of the ticket, but unless there are extreme extenuating circumstances prohibiting original use within the validity period, this will never happen.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 10:55 am

Isnt it just a credit you can Use for any flight? I had plans get scrapped because if a hurricane so I had a credit and just used it for the next place my wife and I where going.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Jon_R
Isnt it just a credit you can Use for any flight? I had plans get scrapped because if a hurricane so I had a credit and just used it for the next place my wife and I where going.
I have used tickets many months after their expiry date as I often book 330 days in advance and if there are schedule changes or IROPS the new travel date is after the one year expiry date. You need to check as most tickets with an international component need to be BOOKED by the expiry date not necessarily flown. Otherwise call DL corporate at 800.455.2720 extension 3 and they will give you a voucher for the ticket amount. I have done this many times.

Last edited by sydneyracquelle; Dec 14, 2019 at 11:22 am
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
I have used tickets many months after their expiry date as I often book 330 days in advance and if there are schedule changes or IROPS the new travel date is after the one year expiry date. You need to check as most tickets with an international component need to be BOOKED by the expiry date not necessarily flown. Otherwise call DL corporate st 800.455.2720 extension 3 and they will give you a voucher for the ticket amount. I have done this many times. .
Thanks
I will try that
Mine is a first class ticket so maybe they will be more flexible
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by pacheco18
Thanks
I will try that
Mine is a first class ticket so maybe they will be more flexible
Status also has helped me in the past. They are very nice but obviously it helps if you are sweet as pie as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.