DL Vacation (hotel + flight) issues

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:18 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by steveholt
I can't speak to why international connections are a big deal for you, but if the flight got cancelled on the day you wanted to fly and it's a sufficiently big deal for you to avoid an international connection, it seems like you probably should have cancelled the vacation altogether.
I would have gotten a refund for the airfare portion (if I cancelled), but NOT the hotel portion (since the rooms were non-refundable). I don't want to get into a discussion of why I don't like connections (domestic or international)--but since I am the one flying, that is my choice.
PS: I was booked in DL ONE bc and the connection offered did not have seating equivalent to DL ONE.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by nrr
I would have gotten a refund for the airfare portion (if I cancelled), but NOT the hotel portion (since the rooms were non-refundable). I don't want to get into a discussion of why I don't like connections (domestic or international)--but since I am the one flying, that is my choice.
PS: I was booked in DL ONE bc and the connection offered did not have seating equivalent to DL ONE.
Did you try asking for the option you would prefer for fravel on the original date? Surely they can reroute you in a way that you're in D1 (and I suspect DL rather than an AF/KLM operated flight) for the TATL portion.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:37 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Did you try asking for the option you would prefer for fravel on the original date? Surely they can reroute you in a way that you're in D1 (and I suspect DL rather than an AF/KLM operated flight) for the TATL portion.
DL has a single n/s per daynormally between ZRH and JFK, but due to the "holiday" period mine was cancelled for 12/29. (There were no other n/s options.)
I've flown lots of these Vacation packages between JFK and ZRH (previously on AA) and now on DL, for most of those the price for flight + hotel was cheaper than booking just the flight. So, while paying for an extra night (which I won't use) is annoying $-wise it is not a calamity.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by nrr
DL has a single n/s per daynormally between ZRH and JFK, but due to the "holiday" period mine was cancelled for 12/29. (There were no other n/s options.)
I've flown lots of these Vacation packages between JFK and ZRH (previously on AA) and now on DL, for most of those the price for flight + hotel was cheaper than booking just the flight. So, while paying for an extra night (which I won't use) is annoying $-wise it is not a calamity.
I understand that, but I'm trying to explore some connections for the same day that you might prefer over what you were offered.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by nrr
Unless you own the airline or have the ability to schedule flights at your whim, it's pretty clear that it's going to be their choice, with this interaction as an example.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.