Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Flight #9887 delayed 12 hours CDG to DTW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:40 pm
Formerly known as scootr29
Original Poster

Does anyone know what’s up with this flight?...this is my ride tomorrow from DTW to AMS.

N830NW
Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I think the flight number indicates a maintenance ferry ... it was supposed to make up DL 97 yesterday but that cancelled; today the jet’s about 12 hrs late out of CDG, so whatever they had to fix took longer than expected, which means they likely had to deadhead a replacement flight crew as well
SSF556 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Is that usually an AF flight? The flight number looks like a codeshare, not a DL flight. Could the delay be something to do with the transportation strike in France? From my random checks most of the Delta and AF international flights have been on schedule, but I’m not checking very methodically or thoroughly. I’m in Paris at the moment, scheduled to return to the US on 12/12. Wondering if I might get a few extra days in Paris!
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
Is that usually an AF flight? The flight number looks like a codeshare, not a DL flight. Could the delay be something to do with the transportation strike in France? From my random checks most of the Delta and AF international flights have been on schedule, but I’m not checking very methodically or thoroughly. I’m in Paris at the moment, scheduled to return to the US on 12/12. Wondering if I might get a few extra days in Paris!
No, codeshares start with an 8xxx. 9xxx flights are usually extra sections, either for maintenance or for some other reason.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
No, codeshares start with an 8xxx. 9xxx flights are usually extra sections, either for maintenance or for some other reason.
9xxx can be codeshares. 96xx are KLM codeshares. 98xx and 99xx are generally extra sections/charters.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerCO
9xxx can be codeshares. 96xx are KLM codeshares. 98xx and 99xx are generally extra sections/charters.
True.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.