Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Award ticket on CZ MNL-CAN-LAX in late Jan after split from SkyTeam and 1hr 20 m cxn

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award ticket on CZ MNL-CAN-LAX in late Jan after split from SkyTeam and 1hr 20 m cxn

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2019, 1:47 am
Used to be FlyingMedallionDL
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Delta Reserve and 1.2 MM

Hi folks,
I got an award ticket for my mom with an inbound on CZ. I forgot that CZ will no longer be a part of SkyTeam in January. I am PM and can change the flights since the miles came from my account: Do you think flying on CZ would be ok? I heard of bad irrops experiences and I worry more that they will no longer be with SkyTeam making rebooking a tad harder should there be any irrops. There will also be a 1 hour and 20 minute connection in CAN. Is this enough time? My gut feeling is to change the flights. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyingdoc747
Hi folks,
I got an award ticket for my mom with an inbound on CZ. I forgot that CZ will no longer be a part of SkyTeam in January. I am PM and can change the flights since the miles came from my account: Do you think flying on CZ would be ok? I heard of bad irrops experiences and I worry more that they will no longer be with SkyTeam making rebooking a tad harder should there be any irrops. There will also be a 1 hour and 20 minute connection in CAN. Is this enough time? My gut feeling is to change the flights. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Shouldn't be an issue. DL and CZ have already announced they'll still be partners. CAN is one of the easiest Chinese airports to transit. I wouldn't worry.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:55 pm
Used to be FlyingMedallionDL
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Delta Reserve and 1.2 MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Shouldn't be an issue. DL and CZ have already announced they'll still be partners. CAN is one of the easiest Chinese airports to transit. I wouldn't worry.
Thank you, FlyerCO!! You have helped me so much since I was in college! I feel better about this award ticket now! Happy holidays ahead!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.