Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Transferred to DL, but bumped again before boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferred to DL, but bumped again before boarding

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL
There are some weird replies in here assuming there was an e-ticket problem/etc. The reality is that nobody here has any idea what happened to your ticket. If Delta gave me an itinerary that said “confirmed” and I was IDB’d improperly, I would be writing a complaint immediately, maybe to DOT as well.

Even if they didn’t do anything wrong, and there was an e-ticket error/etc, they owe you that explanation.
jackal likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by zig2
Actually I dig my documents and found this.
The original boarding pass was taken away by the gate agent, but she returned me an itinerary, which does have "confirmed" on it.

It is good that you've blocked off identifying numbers.

Was there a 12-14 digit number on this itinerary printout? Perhaps starting with 006 or 027? That would be the e-ticket number several posters have been talking about.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If AS rebooked it, this should be an AS 027- ticket number, but different from the OP's previous ticket number. To me, it looks like it should appear in the big box right under the ITINERARY FOR box. However, I'm curious about what was cut off on the RHS.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
This thread bring back a nightmare for me. DL recently rebooked me on UA for an international flight due to a DL IROPS. And it was to a DL international hub of all places. Somehow DL think it's fair to pay for a DL higher priced fare but only end up getting really crappy UA experience.

DL did the same to me what AS did to this pax. I showed up at a different airport for the UA flight and seat was not confirmed even though I remember DL called over to make sure there is a seat and updated itinerary show it was confirmed. I had to push really hard to get a seat. I had the foresight to call over to UA and not assume everything would go smoothly. I actually think DL IDB this pax due to other needs came up for its own 006-ticketed passengers. Just remember a lot of things happens just before the flight and DL could have high priority re-route of passengers.

But since this was an AS flight, this needs to be taken up with AS. The pax was involuntarily rerouted onto DL at AS' discretion, and the responsibility falls on AS.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If AS rebooked it, this should be an AS 027- ticket number, but different from the OP's previous ticket number. To me, it looks like it should appear in the big box right under the ITINERARY FOR box. However, I'm curious about what was cut off on the RHS.
Isn't there usually a barcode there? Not 100% sure on itinerary documents, though (I never bother to print those).

Originally Posted by Often1
Yes, it is.??

Does not mean that you gave poor advice. But, it is the same set of facts and there are facts in the other thread. Hopefully, a Moderator will at some point merge the two threads for the benefit of others.
How the DL mods decide to do things is entirely up to them, and if they want to move this thread to the Alaska forum and request me to merge it back into the original, I'll do so, but as a moderator in the forum that the OP first posted in, I'm totally fine with jrl767 's suggestion to post here in the DL forum and the OP's decision to do so. I've personally learned a few interesting things about how the systems work simply because of the exposure to a different audience that is familiar with the systems used by the other airline involved. I don't view having parallel discussions from two different perspectives as being a detraction from the FlyerTalk user experience.
SamOF likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.