Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Forcing Delta to display China Airlines fare?

Forcing Delta to display China Airlines fare?

Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by parzivalmx
So in this case who I would be earning MQM's and MQD's?
I think DL since they're marketing the fare.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:12 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
I think DL since they're marketing the fare.
Exactly - anything with a DL flight number will earn using Delta's earning process (RMDs and MQDs based on ticket cost, MQMs based on distance).
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: DL DM
Thx. Is there a complete list of codeshares that DL have with CI? It would save me a lot of time from searching one by one.
I'm not sure. Routesonline might have a list with their paid subscription, but I don't pay for it. I know for sure they codeshare on the following routes
NRT-TPE
NRT-KHH
KIX-TPE
KIX-KHH
KUL-TPE
TPE-DPS
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eneq
I'm not sure. Routesonline might have a list with their paid subscription, but I don't pay for it. I know for sure they codeshare on the following routes
NRT-TPE
NRT-KHH
KIX-TPE
KIX-KHH
KUL-TPE
TPE-DPS
Thanks. I would love to know if they codeshare YVR-TPE since that route flies the A350.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Real world experience

Is this possible? It seems like DL is trying to force me to fly their preferred partners whenever possible and I can't figure out how to get CI to show up.

I went YVR-TPE last year. Bought the ticket for China Airlines. Flew the new 350 in Premium Economy. Great flight. Comfortable plane. This shows the earning from the Delta website.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bear4Asian

I went YVR-TPE last year. Bought the ticket for China Airlines. Flew the new 350 in Premium Economy. Great flight. Comfortable plane. This shows the earning from the Delta website.
Nice, but your ticket appears to be CI marketed and operated. I'm wondering if DL is marketing that route.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Nice, but your ticket appears to be CI marketed and operated. I'm wondering if DL is marketing that route.
No, currently the only CI flight from North America that DL markets is from LAX and SFO.

from LAX, CI7 - DL7730 and seasonal CI5 - DL7734.
from SFO, CI3 - DL7731

They don't codeshare on ONT and YVR routes.

Even you could get DL to price those tickets and sell you under DL codes, it would outrageously expensive, much more expensive than the tickets sold in CI codes.
MSPeconomist and lsquare like this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Summend
No, currently the only CI flight from North America that DL markets is from LAX and SFO.

from LAX, CI7 - DL7730 and seasonal CI5 - DL7734.
from SFO, CI3 - DL7731

They don't codeshare on ONT and YVR routes.

Even you could get DL to price those tickets and sell you under DL codes, it would outrageously expensive, much more expensive than the tickets sold in CI codes.
Gotcha. I wish DL would be more generous with CI flights. I really want to try that A350, but I'm looking at abysmal earnings for Y.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 2:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Gotcha. I wish DL would be more generous with CI flights. I really want to try that A350, but I'm looking at abysmal earnings for Y.
DL has some nice A350s that have been in service for about a year or so. They're currently on at least some of the TPAC routes.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
DL has some nice A350s that have been in service for about a year or so. They're currently on at least some of the TPAC routes.
Which one? I read about CI's configuration and that's why I wanted to try it.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Which one? I read about CI's configuration and that's why I wanted to try it.
I did MSP-ICN and vv within the last few weeks in D1 Suites on the A350. DTW-ICN and vv also uses the A350, again with Suites in D1.
lsquare likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.