FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Comfort Plus - Avoid Middle Seat? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1997831-comfort-plus-avoid-middle-seat.html)

MikeyZBT Dec 2, 2019 2:51 pm

Comfort Plus - Avoid Middle Seat?

Hello-

I searched, but couldn't a specific answer to this. I have been able to select Comfort Upgrade eligibility, but only for a Window or Aisle for several months now. But my father, who is a Platinum (I am Gold), doesn't have the choice on his account. Why is that?

Is it still a "random" perk or what is going on?

Thanks!!

pdxkat Dec 2, 2019 3:07 pm

Oh good, I thought it was just me that has this option disappear and then reappear.

.. waiting to hear answers

ijgordon Dec 2, 2019 3:34 pm

I've never seen it before for advance bookings, and I'm Gold. Somewhere on here someone suggested it wouldn't show for reservations that include a companion, but I just booked a straightforward round-trip ticket yesterday for just myself, and the option doesn't show.

dmbolp Dec 2, 2019 3:35 pm

Used to see it, don't see it anymore

Schmoops Dec 2, 2019 3:45 pm

I've seen it only once when I was using the app - i had turned off the C+ upgrade request in my desktop browser, and then turned it on using the app just before mobile check in - and it appeared. I have never been given that option on the desktop browser. My brother however, who is FO, is always presented this option across all channels. Annoying to say the least.

tvtd Dec 2, 2019 5:08 pm

Every time I've had the opportunity to use that setting, which can probably be counted on one hand, it has thrown an error.

xliioper Dec 2, 2019 5:37 pm

I believe it is still only shown at check-in (and not a profile option or something you can request at time of booking). They also note it is only available when traveling alone.

MikeyZBT Dec 2, 2019 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper (Post 31797915)
I believe it is still only shown at check-in (and not a profile option or something you can request at time of booking). They also note it is only available when traveling alone.

I'm able to do it at purchase or anytime prior to checkin, as well as during checkin.

My father can't enter seat selection at all.

JTE458 Dec 3, 2019 6:08 am

It's being rolled out. I got an email about a month ago saying I could now select window/middle/aisle options. It's been available since either online or on the app. Has worked also in the last couple trips.

MikeyZBT Dec 3, 2019 10:34 am

Yeah, so I talked to Delta via Twitter and they confirmed that not everyone has access yet.

ijgordon Dec 3, 2019 10:36 am

This is a slooowww rollout.

gigglypug Dec 3, 2019 2:33 pm

I had it today in my PHX-SEA itinerary. Declined upgrade into C+, only requested F at booking. Checked in 24 hours ahead, no changes. Then added a bag several hours after check in and instead of the bag screen the “request window/aisle only” option showed up...

weird, yes?

gigglypug Dec 3, 2019 3:38 pm

Adding that during boarding just now, GA paged me and confirmed that I indeed wish to decline the middle C+. Since I’m seated in exit row aisle (and am flush with drink tickets) that was a no brained but I do appreciate the extra consideration...

Zorak Dec 6, 2019 2:23 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 31800325)
This is a slooowww rollout.

FWIW I got an email about the C+ seat pref options this morning.

I also noticed the checkboxes earlier this week in my Mom's account while managing a trip she has coming up around Christmas time.

Attachment 51142

MSPeconomist Dec 6, 2019 2:48 pm

I got the same email and it seems to permit C+ "upgrades" in advance while avoiding middle seats, versus only being to avoid middle seats at T-24/OLCI.

At the bottom, there's an explicit statement that GAs might ignore preferences and "upgrade" you to a middle seat regardless. Has this been happening to people? Or do GAs just not bother processing C+ "upgrades" currently and instead assign remaining C+ seats to nonrevs or randomly to those on BE fares?