Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comfort Plus - Avoid Middle Seat?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2019, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So here's an interesting one.
Flight is SUN-SLC-EWR. The website is only giving the option for "only upgrade [to C+] if my seat preferences are available" on one of the two legs. And of course it's the leg on the E175, which doesn't have middle seats anyway!
Attached Images  
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:44 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interestingly, that itinerary I posted above now gives the seat preferences option for both segments. Under SUN-SLC it lets me choose window or aisle; under SLC-EWR I can choose window, aisle, or middle.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So have people had this seat preference thing ignored? Cleared overnight into a C+ middle seat (before OLCI) despite only selecting window/aisle as my seat preferences. Fortunately (1) the app lets you move back to a Main Cabin seat (in the past an agent would have to do this), and (2) there was another "middle" available on the 321 next to the FA jumpseat, so I just took that.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 11:15 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by ijgordon
So have people had this seat preference thing ignored? Cleared overnight into a C+ middle seat (before OLCI) despite only selecting window/aisle as my seat preferences. Fortunately (1) the app lets you move back to a Main Cabin seat (in the past an agent would have to do this), and (2) there was another "middle" available on the 321 next to the FA jumpseat, so I just took that.
This hasn’t worked for me for awhile. I called DL and asked, was told by the agent this was possible (not choosing the middle seat), and it didn’t work for her either. I had her take me off the upgrade list and then add it again, and still couldn’t exclude middle seats. So on aircraft with middle seats (which is most without PE), I take myself off the C+ upgrade list and monitor to see if any non middle seats become available.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
This hasn’t worked for me for awhile. I called DL and asked, was told by the agent this was possible (not choosing the middle seat), and it didn’t work for her either. I had her take me off the upgrade list and then add it again, and still couldn’t exclude middle seats. So on aircraft with middle seats (which is most without PE), I take myself off the C+ upgrade list and monitor to see if any non middle seats become available.
Are you saying you don't even see the option to only select window/aisle seats? That is not my issue. I made the proper selection, but was still upgraded into a middle seat.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Are you saying you don't even see the option to only select window/aisle seats? That is not my issue. I made the proper selection, but was still upgraded into a middle seat.
Yes, I don’t even see the option. Nor do the Delta agents.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
The option should be in https://www.delta.com/myprofile/preferences.

Here's what mine looks like:

RobertS975 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
The option should be in https://www.delta.com/myprofile/preferences.

Here's what mine looks like:

Thank you for reminding me to check again. The preferences are now there (as well as for my wife), tho our previous seat preferences were not there (all three boxes unchecked). Very strange, as well as the fact that the agent couldn’t see them either.

I’ve had more IT problems than normal with DL this year. Example: purchased a trip, wife and I on same record/itinerary, (same status if that matters), and our automatic seat assignments were in separate parts of the plane…and there were plenty of unassigned seats together that could have been assigned. Bizarre. I was able to fix immediately, but why would their programs do this to begin with? Never had this issue in the many years I’ve flown Delta
Old Dec 2, 2021, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Interesting, my C+ upgrades in my profile was un-checked. Probably because I was late to be enabled to select the seat preferences (as described way earlier in this thread), so I just didn't request it at all. But on the individual flight reservation I checked the upgrade (obviously, as it came through), but only for window/aisle. When I check the C+ upgrade box on my profile, the Window/Middle/Aisle are all pre-selected. Not sure if that caused the snafu or is just how the default is set up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.