Search

Car reservation after booking flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2019, 1:39 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Car reservation after booking flight

I've never really paid attention to the hotels and cars that airlines offer after you've booked a flight. Until now. And surprisingly the price for the car is cheaper (Hertz) even after applying my CDP discounts.

I don't need to pay anything now but I'm still reluctant to book the car because I've been looking for the full T&C and I don't see anything about cancellations.

If I book a similar (book now, pay later) rate directly with Hertz it can be canceled up till the day before. Is this also the case here?
What will happen if I book this car? Will I get a Hertz reservation number and will I be able to arrange everything directly with Hertz? Do status benefits still apply (PC)... not that it really is a big difference.... :-(

Thanks.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
I use Delta most of the time for my car bookings...addendum to my flights....as I've noticed that Delta rates are generally cheaper than direct at Hertz...but not always.

My understanding is that it's just a reservation, payment is at the counter.
If you don't show up, the reservation is canceled....,,,not confirmed, I think I generally keep track of my bookings and cancel if not needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.