FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta's Power over Partner Airlines? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1997492-deltas-power-over-partner-airlines.html)

bcranger Nov 29, 2019 9:40 pm

Delta's Power over Partner Airlines?

Hello all,

I am a DM who was recently on an AeroMexico flight in business class (J fare). I was offered a bump in exchange for a J fare to anywhere in the world AM flies. Upon attempting to redeem the voucher, I was told that it is valid only for economy. AM makes it awfully painful to sort anything out (on purpose) and their customer service email (the only way to dispute this according to phone rep) hasn't responded in a month. At this point, I called the DM line in the hopes they had some answer but it looks like they don't. Does Delta have any power to help escalate this issue to AM? It seems as if I was scammed and won't be able to do much about it...

moondog Nov 29, 2019 9:47 pm

I can't imagine DL has anything at to do with AM vouchers.

MSPeconomist Nov 29, 2019 9:49 pm

If the VDB happened on a flight to/from the USA, you could try filing a complaint with the DOT.

ekozie Nov 29, 2019 9:50 pm

What does the actual voucher say? Did you confirm terms when you accepted the bump?

But likely, no, there's little DL can do to enforce AM's policies. That being said, I remember that one of the old DL guys was made an AM head honcho when DL increased their ownership stake. If this continues to escalate, it may be worth it to dig up who that was and find their email address if you can.

bcranger Nov 29, 2019 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by ekozie (Post 31789285)
What does the actual voucher say? Did you confirm terms when you accepted the bump?

The voucher says nothing - it is a blank ticket slip with a barcode and number. I watched the supervisor type into the computer "Class Premier J Fare" and thus didn't make a fuss about having terms printed out on this--learning the hard way.

MSPeconomist Nov 29, 2019 10:10 pm

Have you tried more than once to redeem it and are you sure that you were trying for flights having business class space available in the right inventory category? I'm wondering whether there could be some communication failures happening.

bcranger Nov 29, 2019 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31789299)
Have you tried more than once to redeem it and are you sure that you were trying for flights having business class space available in the right inventory category? I'm wondering whether there could be some communication failures happening.

Yes, tried with 4 different agents over 2 days. I believe the problem is that the standard voucher AM issues for bumps is for economy but since I was flying J, I was promised J class (and this was noted in the computer by the gate supervisor, witnessed by me). Somehow that note either got lost or deleted it seems.

MSPeconomist Nov 29, 2019 10:17 pm

When you called, did you clearly remind the agent that the voucher was from a paid J ticket? AM policy might be to issue the J voucher for J bumps, in which case it could be easy to check the history, especially if you know your original ticket number.

TerryK Nov 29, 2019 10:44 pm

Original thread. There seems to be some misunderstanding. Was the AM agent English speaker? OP was bumped from AM to DL, hence it was likely between US and Mexico.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...l#post31674280

TerryK Nov 29, 2019 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by bcranger (Post 31789291)
..........I watched the supervisor type into the computer "Class Premier J Fare" and thus didn't make a fuss about having terms printed out on this--learning the hard way.

Supervisor might have documented that you were bumped from J fare.

moondog Nov 29, 2019 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by bcranger (Post 31789303)
Yes, tried with 4 different agents over 2 days. I believe the problem is that the standard voucher AM issues for bumps is for economy but since I was flying J, I was promised J class (and this was noted in the computer by the gate supervisor, witnessed by me). Somehow that note either got lost or deleted it seems.

I still don't understand why you are communicating with Delta about this. I do like the DOT angle if you continue to strike out with AM though.

dlflyer00 Nov 29, 2019 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by moondog (Post 31789366)
I still don't understand why you are communicating with Delta about this. I do like the DOT angle if you continue to strike out with AM though.

If you have ever tried to talk to AM, you will understand why you want DL support to fix it. Truly a nightmare.

exwannabe Nov 29, 2019 11:33 pm

Is it actually a barcode, or a QR code (or the rectangular version of a QR code). If the later, then you can read it with a phone app and it might have details of some use.

Or might not.

TerryK Nov 29, 2019 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by dlflyer00 (Post 31789415)
If you have ever tried to talk to AM, you will understand why you want DL support to fix it. Truly a nightmare.

Why DL support? Why don't you call VS support? Both are AM partners yet neither has anything to do with AM vouchers.

bcranger Nov 29, 2019 11:48 pm

Yes, bumped FROM J fare FOR J fare voucher. I do agree AM customer service makes it as difficult as possible to get anything from them and the frustration is off the charts dealing with them. I did file a report with the DOT just now, waiting game now.