Search

Amex Reserve sign-up bonus MQMS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2019, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Amex Reserve sign-up bonus MQMS

Hi all,

I’m within striking distance of Platinum Medallion when I factor in my remaining travel this year. I just got the Delta Reserve card with the 10k MQM offer after meeting the minimum spend offer. If I meet this minimum spend within the next few days, in your experience when can I expect my bonus MQMs to post? Again, this isn’t the 25k Miles Boost which I know consistently post when your statement closes — it’s the signup offer.

I’m really hoping these are able to post this year to count toward my 2020 status.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
I've seen some reports of people waiting months but I can't seem to get a clear answer. Obviously AMEX couches it and says to give it a few weeks---but I"m sure people here have some experience.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: Delta PM & 2.4M+ Miles - Bonvoy - Lifetime Titanium - DL AMEX Reserve
They should post a day or so after your statement closing date.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 12:19 pm

I have the same question!! I signed up in October with the 10,000 MQM bonus. Hit the spend in 3 weeks and the next day my bonus miles (not MQMs) were applied. Chatted with Amex and they told me MQMs would come 1-2 days after statement closing date. That came and went. Chatted again and now they are telling me 8-12 weeks. Others on here have reported that to not be the case so not sure what's wrong. I just paid off the statement balance, so we'll see if that helps or not. Really wanted this to hit in 2019 so I could hit platinum for next year.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:46 am

Having the same issue from signing up in October, and I’ve gotten a few different answers from Amex and Delta. I hit the MQM signup bonus threshold and the $30K threshold in one charge. The 75K welcome bonus miles posted right away (in three installments) and the 15K miles and 15K MQMs from the $30K spend posted at statement close. The 10K MQM signup bonus never posted. I called Amex and was told this was a “known glitch” and to give it 7-10 business days. After that passed, I called Amex again and was told that they processed it on October 13, and this is on Delta’s end. I contacted Delta via twitter and the agent was amazing -- he called me and did a conference call with Amex. After getting to a supervisor, Amex advised it will likely post at the close of my next statement (next week), but to allow 8-12 weeks per the terms of the credit card. Amex did state that these are retroactive to my spend date and will post to the 2019 qualification year, even if they post in January. The Delta agent disagreed (noting that only applies to $30K threshold spends), and made the Amex agent give her name so it’s on the record. I’m not feeling hopeful about this, and would caution anyone on signing up for the Delta Amex cards for the MQM signup bonuses to not count on them posting in a timely manner.

Last edited by tbassny; Dec 1, 2019 at 12:38 pm
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton
Originally Posted by kylep1256
Hi all,

I’m within striking distance of Platinum Medallion when I factor in my remaining travel this year. I just got the Delta Reserve card with the 10k MQM offer after meeting the minimum spend offer. If I meet this minimum spend within the next few days, in your experience when can I expect my bonus MQMs to post? Again, this isn’t the 25k Miles Boost which I know consistently post when your statement closes — it’s the signup offer.

I’m really hoping these are able to post this year to count toward my 2020 status.
Any update? I'm in the exact same boat you are and hoping they post soon. Have met spend, but not received 75k miles nor MQMs.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Hilton Diamond, WN, AA, Total Rewards Diamond
My bonus MQMs for my Reserve signup just posted the day my November statement closed. One thing that took a minute to figure out was that the MQMs didn't automatically show up in my Delta account. Turns out they were "banked" for 90 days to allow a window to transfer them to someone else if I desired. I had to go into the "MQM Gifting" section of the Delta homepage and choose to "Add the 15000 MQMs to my SkyMiles account".
Old Dec 2, 2019, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by coach_tressel
My bonus MQMs for my Reserve signup just posted the day my November statement closed. One thing that took a minute to figure out was that the MQMs didn't automatically show up in my Delta account. Turns out they were "banked" for 90 days to allow a window to transfer them to someone else if I desired. I had to go into the "MQM Gifting" section of the Delta homepage and choose to "Add the 15000 MQMs to my SkyMiles account".
That page is for the $30K threshold spend on whether to keep or gift the 15K MQMs earned at that level. That is separate from the Reserve signing bonus tied to a smaller initial threshold spend, at least it is for me. Are you certain this is for your signing MQM bonus? It was this page?

I've tried to use that page for the signup bonus, and though it worked for my $30K threshold, it doesn't work for the signup MQMs.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, 2+MM, AA Gold 1+MM, HH Diamond, MHG Silver,
Got the Reserve card in October right after the announcement about the 2020 changes. Mrs Lov2Fly also got the Reserve card within a day or so of the announcement.

We both hit the required spend in October before our first statements in mid November.

My miles posted the day after my statement was issued. Mrs Lov2Fly’s bunds was posted in October - before her first statement was issued.

Good luck - hope you can get it figured out.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL
In my case, I got the card in July. Hit the 3k spending threshold on 8/23, and bonus MQMs were posted to my DL account on 8/26. My statement closing date wasn't until 9/11, so I got the bonus miles even before I had paid for the charges.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by tbassny
Having the same issue from signing up in October, and I’ve gotten a few different answers from Amex and Delta. I hit the MQM signup bonus threshold and the $30K threshold in one charge. The 75K welcome bonus miles posted right away (in three installments) and the 15K miles and 15K MQMs from the $30K spend posted at statement close. The 10K MQM signup bonus never posted. I called Amex and was told this was a “known glitch” and to give it 7-10 business days. After that passed, I called Amex again and was told that they processed it on October 13, and this is on Delta’s end. I contacted Delta via twitter and the agent was amazing -- he called me and did a conference call with Amex. After getting to a supervisor, Amex advised it will likely post at the close of my next statement (next week), but to allow 8-12 weeks per the terms of the credit card. Amex did state that these are retroactive to my spend date and will post to the 2019 qualification year, even if they post in January. The Delta agent disagreed (noting that only applies to $30K threshold spends), and made the Amex agent give her name so it’s on the record. I’m not feeling hopeful about this, and would caution anyone on signing up for the Delta Amex cards for the MQM signup bonuses to not count on them posting in a timely manner.
Thank you for posting this detail. Sounds like we are in the exact same boat. I will try contacting Delta tonight as well as Amex and see if I can get any further updates or different info. I'll post if anything changes.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 10:50 pm

In my experience with both the Delta Platinum and the Delta Reserve Business, the sign-up bonus posts a few days after hitting the min spend (after last transaction goes past pending to posted). Not sure if it’s a fixed amount of time or certain day(s) of the week when it checks to see if you’ve hit it.

The Miles Boost/Status Boost thing is different and becomes available at the redemption link shortly after the statement closes and the PDF has been generated (after the min spend has been hit). In my case the statement close date was the 27th, but the PDF and statement ready email came the 28th at 7pm. I checked the link shortly after that and was able to redeem the boost miles. I also got the email from Delta with the link a couple of hours later.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 11:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by coach_tressel
Normal terms are that the sign up welcome bonus miles, including MQMs, cannot be gifted.

Reserve cards permit gifting of the 15,000 MQMs at $30,000 and $60,000 spend, so for *thses* MQMs, there's an email with a link to make the choice to keep or gift them. If you don't make a selection within about 90 days, the MQMs are sent to your account.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton
Talked with Amex a bit ago...

Just chatted with Amex rep. His story (which contradicts my prior experience) is that it will take 3 billing cycles to release the award miles (both miles and MQMs). On the first day of third billing cycle it would move to Delta. He said it always been this way, which I know if false as my Delta Plat moved over a week after meeting spend. Tempted to call back and see if I get a different story...

Note this has nothing to do with the Miles Boost timing as this thread was originally only about the bonus miles for sign up (needed for potential status upgrade).
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by RetracRonnoc
Just chatted with Amex rep. His story (which contradicts my prior experience) is that it will take 3 billing cycles to release the award miles (both miles and MQMs). On the first day of third billing cycle it would move to Delta. He said it always been this way, which I know if false as my Delta Plat moved over a week after meeting spend. Tempted to call back and see if I get a different story...

Note this has nothing to do with the Miles Boost timing as this thread was originally only about the bonus miles for sign up (needed for potential status upgrade).
Thanks for posting that! It definitely contradicts with what both myself and a poster above have experienced, which is that we got the bonus miles within just a couple days of hitting the spend on the new card. Just not the MQM's. I've paid off the balance and charged at least $3k more so I find it hard to believe that they'd be holding them to prevent fraud or anything like that (a theory someone else had mentioned). I called last night and all they would tell me is 8-12 weeks as cited in the offer terms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.