Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Reserve sign-up bonus MQMS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: United Gold Elite, former multi-year Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I just got the same run around from Amex too. My 75k bonus miles posted after I hit the spend. I've already paid my bill and annual fee (and in fact charged enough for the 30k tier bonus, which I expect will post with my next statement in a few weeks if what always happened with my Plat Amex DL is precedent). But while the 75k RDMs posted, no MQMs posted. First Amex told me a few weeks ago that I was eligible for that and they would post. I called again today because it has not and they just said 8-12 weeks.

I'm really not impressed with Amex's customer service here (have had another issue too with a disputed charge). I've had the DL Amex of some sort for over 10 years but only now signed up the Reserve. I would expect better customer service from the more premium card, not worse.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by computerdude103
Thanks for posting that! It definitely contradicts with what both myself and a poster above have experienced, which is that we got the bonus miles within just a couple days of hitting the spend on the new card. Just not the MQM's. I've paid off the balance and charged at least $3k more so I find it hard to believe that they'd be holding them to prevent fraud or anything like that (a theory someone else had mentioned). I called last night and all they would tell me is 8-12 weeks as cited in the offer terms.
So many conflicting reports. I’ve met the spend a few days ago so waiting to see what happens.

Anyone know if bonus MQMs would apply retroactively to 2019 if they don’t post until 2020? Also you would think Amex can advance MQMs somehow? They do this with MR points if you need them and have earned them but they haven’t yet posted. Although maybe it has something to do with Delta
Old Dec 3, 2019, 11:59 pm

For my Platinum (over a year ago) and Business Reserve (couple weeks ago) both the RDMs and MQMs posted at the same time (a few minutes apart).

I got my personal Reserve with a referral link and the 75k+10k offer. I hit the min spend yesterday, so I’m hoping those post soon. But based on some of these accounts, I’m wondering if the MQMs will be missing or delayed. I’ll post back in a couple days with what happens.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton
Update

So this morning (or late last night) both the 10k MQMs and the 75k (50k, 15k, 10k) bonus miles posted. Spend was met 7 days ago. So, despite what the Amex rep said, the timing was typical. Statement will not close till Dec 20th. Not sure what contributed to it, if anything, but I did throw a $500 payment two days ago at it to cover the AF and did book a quick run to Denver to get the needed 3k MQMs (which I'll now cancel as I'm within 24 hour window and I don't need it).

Hopefully others in this thread will get theirs in time as well for a status bump! For me Platinum!

Last edited by RetracRonnoc; Dec 5, 2019 at 5:21 am Reason: content
Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:09 am

Data points: if not getting MQMs, do you have another Amex Delta branded card?

Glad to hear it’s working for some! As a data point, do you have another Delta branded Amex card? I have a Gold Delta Amex and now the Reserve, and I received the 75K miles in the same installments you did, but never received the 10K MQMs.
[Edit: noting I verified eligibility of welcome bonuses with the Amex agent prior to application.]

Originally Posted by RetracRonnoc
So this morning (or late last night) both the 10k MQMs and the 75k (50k, 15k, 10k) bonus miles posted. Spend was met 7 days ago. So, despite what the Amex rep said, the timing was typical. Statement will not close till Dec 20th. Not sure what contributed to it, if anything, but I did throw a $500 payment two days ago at it to cover the AF and did book a quick run to Denver to get the needed 3k MQMs (which I'll now cancel as I'm within 24 hour window and I don't need it).

Hopefully others in this thread will get theirs in time as well for a status bump! For me Platinum!
Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton
I've had the Delta Platinum for several years as well. Received the sign up bonus for that one in the same time frame.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
Adding another data point. Had the same 75000 RDMs and 10000 MQM offer. The 75000 RMDs posted normally almost immediately but no MQMs. My statement closed a few days ago, and I got the regular monthly mileage bonus miles but no MQMs. Called Amex. The rep said that it could take 8-12 weeks, and they couldn't escalate the issue until after then.

So in the meantime, I have to look for a quick mileage run to guarantee my platinum status for next year as those bonus MQMs would have done it.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:52 pm

I decided to check in on mine with Amex chat. He was able to confirm that I have the right welcome offer on the account, but he said he can't see the qualified spend for some reason, so he opened an investigation ticket (apparently with the marketing team?). Unfortunately he said that could take 6-8 weeks :-(
Old Dec 6, 2019, 5:59 am

I think the main takeaway here for prospective card members who may look to any of the Amex Delta cobranded cards as a quick way to secure or elevate status before the end of the year is to not count on MQMs posting in this qualification year.

Ideally this gets resolved for us by getting it in front of someone with ownership and agency at Amex, as their customer service is not empowered to even escalate this until the 12 week period in the T&C is complete.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:55 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by tbassny
I think the main takeaway here for prospective card members who may look to any of the Amex Delta cobranded cards as a quick way to secure or elevate status before the end of the year is to not count on MQMs posting in this qualification year.
Historically AMEX-related MQMs have always been posted to the year in which the related earning activity took place, including being backdated to the previous year if they did not post until after January 1st, with status and rollover being adjusted accordingly. So although it may not be quick, it should still eventually achieve the desired outcome (although I don't have any recent personal experience so can't say if it still works this way).
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
Historically AMEX-related MQMs have always been posted to the year in which the related earning activity took place, including being backdated to the previous year if they did not post until after January 1st, with status and rollover being adjusted accordingly. So although it may not be quick, it should still eventually achieve the desired outcome (although I don't have any recent personal experience so can't say if it still works this way).
I hope so, and while I agree that’s consistent with the 15K threshold MQMs, I’ve received conflicting reports from different CS agents with respect to welcome bonus MQMs. One Amex CS agent told me there’s no guarantee, another Amex agent told me yes, they’ll be backdated, and a Delta agent told me only the 15K threshold spends are backdated, and the 10K bonus MQMs are not. He was on the phone with me with Amex and noted their agent’s statement on my account. We’ll see.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:10 pm

I just got my 10k MQMs today. I was one of the ones that got the card in October, met the spend within 3 weeks and immediately got the bonus miles in 3 parts (50k, 10k, and 15k). Just wanted to share an update - hopefully everyone else's are not far behind!!!!
Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:54 pm

Mine just went through as well! Same October situation as you. This morning I wrote the VP at Amex who manages co-branded cards, so perhaps he pulled through for us!
Old Dec 6, 2019, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by tbassny
Mine just went through as well! Same October situation as you. This morning I wrote the VP at Amex who manages co-branded cards, so perhaps he pulled through for us!
You rock! And kudos to them if they looked into it for everyone and not just the person writing in!
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
I can confirm my bonus 10000 MQMs posted today as well. I caught it just in time to cancel my MR that I had booked yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.