Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Using delta gift card with award purchase

Old Nov 28, 2019, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anybody had experience with a situation where they were able to use their points toward a flight purchase and use the taxes and fees via a gift card. Or would I have to pay via cash/credit card? Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
I don't think you're able to use gift cards on award flights, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't use Gift Cards to pay for any part of Award or Miles + Cash tickets.

https://www.delta.com/en_US/support/...gift-card-faqs

"Gift Cards cannot be used to pay for any cash portion of an Award or Miles + Cash Ticket."
Old Jun 24, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Is this restriction still applicable. Trying to book a ticket and it says "eCredits cannot be applied when paying with Miles.". I want to pay using Gift card and not e-credit.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Is this restriction still applicable. Trying to book a ticket and it says "eCredits cannot be applied when paying with Miles.". I want to pay using Gift card and not e-credit.
Yes, it's still in the FAQ section linked above
  • Gift Cards cannot be used to pay for any cash portion of an Award or Miles + Cash Ticket.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 7:51 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by xliioper
Yes, it's still in the FAQ section linked above
  • Gift Cards cannot be used to pay for any cash portion of an Award or Miles + Cash Ticket.
Thank you for your response.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.