Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can Silver Medallion upgrades from MAIN to ComforT+ board with them?

Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum

I purchased a main cabin seat and got upgraded to comfort plus and wondering if I’ can board with them? Boarding pass still showing MAIN1 zone
Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:44 am

Yes Yes
Old Nov 28, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I board whenever I feel like it now a days, GAs don't even try to prevent it.
airplanepeanuts likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The smartphone app boarding pass should have the upgraded boarding zone attached to it once the upgrade is processed.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 6:36 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
I often find that as a silver, for C+ upgrades the boarding zone is not always reflected in the Delta app boarding pass but usually is in the Apple Wallet (on iOS). Usually this works. Once I used the regular app and the GA saw main cabin 1 and tried to stop me but I pointed to my name cleared on the upgrade list tv screen in the gate area.
airplanepeanuts likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
I board whenever I feel like it now a days, GAs don't even try to prevent it.
wish they would enforce it. People would not bunch up at the gate.
Mr. Tickets likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
I always was able to do this as an FO, but the boarding group didn't always update right away. Not sure if the policy has changed recently, however.
ryw likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Eddie98
I had an agent last week in DCA do an excellent job enforcing it. I was in FC but the agent turned people away in both pre-boarding and active military boarding. There were probably 10 people who tried to board in the active military and I think the GA turned 8 of them away.

Last edited by MCO Flyer; Nov 29, 2019 at 7:55 pm Reason: Removed wired emojis (not sure how they got there)
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I had an agent last week in DCA do an excellent job enforcing it. I was in FC but the agent turned people away in both pre-boarding and active military boarding. There were probably 10 people who tried to board in the active military and I think the GA turned 8 of them away. ��.♂️
My issue at DCA is when boarding at 19/21 DYKWIA folks often skip the First Class/D1/Diamond line because they don’t like to line up and then just butt in. I’ve seen gate agents correct this, but often those people just shove their way in. It’s annoying. The pillars are there to prevent this.

As for the OP, always board with your new upgraded seats zone. I believe this is even reflected in the GIDS. Next to the seat assignment I recall it saying your new Zone. You won’t get turned away since the gate agent will see your new seat receipt print out.
DCAhome and MCO Flyer like this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Same here. But they don't so why lose overhead space to BE customers when I can bored in first with them.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
My issue at DCA is when boarding at 19/21 DYKWIA folks often skip the First Class/D1/Diamond line because they don’t like to line up and then just butt in. I’ve seen gate agents correct this, but often those people just shove their way in. It’s annoying. The pillars are there to prevent this.

As for the OP, always board with your new upgraded seats zone. I believe this is even reflected in the GIDS. Next to the seat assignment I recall it saying your new Zone. You won’t get turned away since the gate agent will see your new seat receipt print out.
I've seen this too many times as well. I like the new pillars, I just wish people would line up.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DCAproducer

My flight went out of Gate 17, so thankfully didn’t have to deal with this mess.
DCAproducer likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
yes they would
Zorak likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 1:59 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by gitismatt
yes they would
Agreed, you're fighting human nature here. If it were consistently and uniformly enforced across all stations, then *eventually* people might stop lining up prematurely once they figure it out -- witness WN boarding -- but it would take a while to get there (and the chances of "consistently and uniformly" seem slim to none)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.