Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Codeshares and radically different pricing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29

Ever since I started flying Delta exclusively many many moons ago, I always managed to book my flights on codeshares through delta.com. However; I'm trying to book a last minute trip for CVG-MUC and DL.com is giving me $2888 while KLM.com is giving me $806 for the exact same flight.

So first off; WTH?

Secondly; if I book through KLM can I still get those precious MQM's.

Thirdly; even though I'd be on a KLM ticket on DL metal can I still get access to the lounge. I seem to remember from past experiences that I had to beg my way in.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:53 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Yes on MQMs just make sure the KLM fare class is on the Delta earning chart (available here: https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rline-partners). RDMs and MQDs will be awarded based on distance flown and the respective multiplier for each flight).

As a GM (SkyTeam Elite+) on an international itinerary you will receive lounge access along the way.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Oh, woops. I need to update all that. I'm just a general member now. I retired earlier in the year and am just now getting around to flying again. I'll be lucky to hit Silver after a few more trips to SEA/PDX next month.

Thanks for the info and that chart. I used to know this stuff like the back of my hand. LOL.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by photojojo
Oh, woops. I need to update all that. I'm just a general member now. I retired earlier in the year and am just now getting around to flying again. I'll be lucky to hit Silver after a few more trips to SEA/PDX next month.

Thanks for the info and that chart. I used to know this stuff like the back of my hand. LOL.
So you wouldn’t get lounge access regardless of who you buy it from

Different flight numbers have different inventories; but the KLM ticket or fare and you’ll be fine on all your original questions except lounge access
Old Nov 27, 2019, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Rats. Oh well, no biggie. I guess this will make me get off my butt and head in to Paris during the long layover... That's probably a healthier option than drinking in the lounge all day. LOL.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by photojojo
Rats. Oh well, no biggie. I guess this will make me get off my butt and head in to Paris during the long layover... That's probably a healthier option than drinking in the lounge all day. LOL.
If you're in business then it doesn't matter which carrier is marketing the flight. You'll get lounge access to both AF/KL and DL lounges.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
If you're in business then it doesn't matter which carrier is marketing the flight. You'll get lounge access to both AF/KL and DL lounges.
If there are $806 J flights to Europe, sign me up
pmarrsouth, CPMaverick and ryw like this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rucksack
If there are $806 J flights to Europe, sign me up
OW depending on day is possible. The OP made me wonder since OP doesn't have status and asked about lounge access if this is in J. Also wasnt sure if a 1 got dropped since difference between $2.8k and .8k is more than what is normal just because of marketing differences.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
OW depending on day is possible.
A last minute one-way international J ticket can be $800? Come on....
rucksack likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:55 pm

OW depending on day is possible.
Maybe from NYC.

The cheapest roundtrip I'm seeing between CVG and MUC is $2,728... leaving on Christmas and returning on New Years. If you look at Jan, Feb, and Mar, the cheapest is $3,545 with roundtrip Z fares as high as $6,114.
CPMaverick likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.