Wiki Posts
Search

15k MQM short of Plat

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
15k MQM short of Plat

I am around 15k mqm short of plat. Got screwed on one set of mileage credit worth around 19k mqm business class from jfk to pvg with MU. Delta claims points have been credited to MU but MU has no record of points and MU will not give written statement stating such. Talked to delta and apparently only way is to get written/email statement and 9 months for retro claim is almost up. Found r/t tickets from east coast usa to pvg for around 600 usd for around 15k mqm. Is the upgrade worth it? Never been plat before. Waived change fee is something thats pretty useful for me but the other benefits im not sure about. The 600 dollars for 15k mqm is worth it but the time to fly to china and back within 3-4 days in economy sounds pretty dreadful to me. What do you guys think? Is plat worth the trouble?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by wwu11
... around 600 usd for around 15k mqm. Is the upgrade worth it? Never been plat before. Waived change fee is something thats pretty useful for me but the other benefits im not sure about. The 600 dollars for 15k mqm is worth it but the time to fly to china and back within 3-4 days in economy sounds pretty dreadful to me. ... Is plat worth the trouble?
“waived change fee” is a benefit for Alaska Airlines MVPG and MVPG75K status; the DL PM benefits are “waived award redeposit fee” (which can be significant if you expect to book a lot of placeholder awards) and “waived SDC fee” (which can be significant if you will require some day-of-travel flexibility, particularly if you buy up to F)

what I also value very highly as PM is the ability to select C+ seats at booking
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrl767
“waived change fee” is a benefit for Alaska Airlines MVPG and MVPG75K status; the DL PM benefits are “waived award redeposit fee” (which can be significant if you expect to book a lot of placeholder awards) and “waived SDC fee” (which can be significant if you will require some day-of-travel flexibility, particularly if you buy up to F)

what I also value very highly as PM is the ability to select C+ seats at booking
Yes I ment the award redeposit fee. I mainly travel overseas to asia, around 3-4 a year. I'd mostly use the waived award redeposit fee and, RUC, 20k miles or $200 voucher. Everything else doesnt seem to help me much, maybe just better chance to get FC seats when positioning for my flights. Would these things be worth 40 hrs in economy flying transpacific and $600?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
I would instead spend the time figuring out your retro credit. The 9 month limit is for the claim, not for the claim to be finalized, so you're fine.

I would get a supervisor on the phone, then conference in a MU agent on a three way call. Don't hang up until they figure it out.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767

Waived SDC fee is also a GM benefit, so OP shouldn't take it into account when deciding whether to push for PM.

Originally Posted by SamOF
I would instead spend the time figuring out your retro credit. The 9 month limit is for the claim, not for the claim to be finalized, so you're fine.

I would get a supervisor on the phone, then conference in a MU agent on a three way call. Don't hang up until they figure it out.
Agreed. I would fight hard to get the MQMs I earned.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by wwu11
Yes I ment the award redeposit fee. I mainly travel overseas to asia, around 3-4 a year. I'd mostly use the waived award redeposit fee and, RUC, 20k miles or $200 voucher. Everything else doesnt seem to help me much, maybe just better chance to get FC seats when positioning for my flights. Would these things be worth 40 hrs in economy flying transpacific and $600?
When you factor in the RDMs that you will earn on the trip, it's really even less than $600. I think if you have the time, it's definitely worth it.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SamOF

Yea I think im going to fight for those credits. Called twice already and denied twice. Gonna ask for supervisor and a conference call. Ill let everyone know how it goes at the end. I dont think I am gonna do the r/t flight for those 15k mqm just too tiring and dont have time to stretch it out into a small vacation trip.

Btw the 15k mqm is earned on RDU to PVG early December for $550 to $600, all on V in case others are interested
Old Dec 23, 2019, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Update to my missing miles. Called China Eastern and emailed them a couple more times, still claiming they were unable to give me written proof no miles were credited to my MU acct. I then emailed them one last time asking if my points from the flight were ever deposited into my MU acct and asked for a reply back stating clearly whether it was or wasnt. Go figure they did exactly that, they apparently are able to write a statement about it I just had to trick them into doing it. I emailed and tweeted at Delta and now they resubmitted my request and hopefully I will be able to get my points soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.