Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX/JFK now to be all 767-300

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Can someone explain why Delta is only updating the 764 interior and not the 763? They are both very, very dated at this point.
The 763s had been upgraded some time ago. For example, they have larger seatback monitors. Yes, their Delta One is dated (mostly because of the layout, which is not drastically changed in the 764 upgrades), but in C+ and Y the 763s are very comfortable.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Can someone explain why Delta is only updating the 764 interior and not the 763? They are both very, very dated at this point.
Delta has never said that they are not updating the 763s. They can't update the entire fleet simultaneously; they are an airline they need to occasionally fly passengers. First they did the 777s. Now they are doing the 764s. I suspect the 763s (at least some of them) will come after that.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
My guess is that the 763 will not be around too much longer
Umm no. Some of them will be around a long time. Delta has some A350s and A339s on order, but not nearly enough to replace the massive 767 fleet. Delta wants to be the launch partner for the MOM, but with Boeing struggling so badly, who knows when that will happen.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by PHXflier
The seatmap indicates V4, but in reality it is V3 or V4 (V3 has a few more C+, so it is easy to switch from V4 to V3 but not the other way around). As there are quite a few more V3 planes than V4 ones, it most likely will be a V3 (planes always have been DL) rather than a V4 (ex-Gulf Air). However, you will not know that until a day or so in advance. Best thing to do is to gamble that it will be a V3, and choose a seat accordingly. I like the bulkhead in C+ best on that aircraft type. Exit seats lack padding and can be cold.
On the seat map where I have select my seat, it is show the V4 (it also show bathroom in row 13/14 CDE).

Any feedback for the "best" seat on the V4 (and V3 if I follow PHXflier experience).

Last edited by FBplatinum; Nov 24, 2019 at 4:49 pm
Old Nov 24, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
The 764s have/had older interiors than the 763s, so they were due for refresh first.

Originally Posted by FBplatinum
Any feedback for the "best" seat on the V4 (and V3 if I follow PHXflier experience).
Other than C+ having more leg room than Y, and generic advice like "don't take the last row in Y or any middle", I'm not sure there are that many "best" seats. Overall, the 763 is a pretty comfortable plane with pretty consistent seating, except maybe the exit row begin cold as already mentioned.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Umm no. Some of them will be around a long time. Delta has some A350s and A339s on order, but not nearly enough to replace the massive 767 fleet. Delta wants to be the launch partner for the MOM, but with Boeing struggling so badly, who knows when that will happen.
Are there any plans to modernize the J cabin on these aircraft?
Old Nov 24, 2019, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
Are there any plans to modernize the J cabin on these aircraft?
I assume they will get the same J seat as the 764. I don't think there's been an official announcement tho

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.