Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX/JFK now to be all 767-300

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by kjnangre
What kind of crazy logic is that? SFO-SLC, SFO-SEA, SFO-LAX, SFO-MSP, SFO-ATL, SFO-DTW are all hub routes. None of them are D1.
uh, none of them are true TCONs either
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
What kind of crazy logic is that? SFO-SLC, SFO-SEA, SFO-LAX, SFO-MSP, SFO-ATL, SFO-DTW are all hub routes. None of them are D1.
why would Delta run DeltaOne (which they only run TCON) on these short, non premium routes...?

“Crazy”
JakeRobertson212 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
why would Delta run DeltaOne (which they only run TCON) on these short, non premium routes...?

“Crazy”
Your previous post said nothing about premium routes or transcons. It simply said now that BOS is a hub, you're waiting for SFO-BOS to go back to D1.

That logic doesn't add up. Countless routes to hubs are not D1. BOS being a hub doesn't mean a BOS route is likely to go to D1.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
With the 763's all equipped with Gogo Gen 1 Ku (slow) internet vs 752's with (mostly) quick 2Ku, if one had hopes of getting work done where wifi was needed, the 752's were far preferable. Are there any plans to bring 2Ku to the 763's?
Actually, the 75S fleet does NOT have 2KU, and in fact lately those are the ships on which I've had the worst internet experiences. That said, I really enjoy the 75S fleet. Seats in D1 are super comfortable, even without direct aisle access. And service is generally more personalized with a better ratio. Those 76ERs are pretty long in the tooth at this point. (But they do have cool bathrooms.)
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Your previous post said nothing about premium routes or transcons. It simply said now that BOS is a hub, you're waiting for SFO-BOS to go back to D1.

That logic doesn't add up. Countless routes to hubs are not D1. BOS being a hub doesn't mean a BOS route is likely to go to D1.
I’m sorry that I apparently needed to spell that out for everyone, but since you’re asking:

1.) D1 is usually for transcons domestically.
2.) BOS/SFO has a history of being D1
3.) It is a premium route on UA and B6.

Since BOS is now a hub and there is an increase in TATL flights, it could stand that an increase of connecting traffic could demand a more premium product. When BOS was not a hub, that demand was lower.
Mountain Explorer and Zorak like this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:28 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Much prefer the 767s 2-3-2 configuration in the back of the plane over the 757s.

Wish they were still throwing in a 767 into the SFO-JFK rotation like they used to several years ago. Not all of us want to fly to EWR from SFO (though I've accepted that DL probably won't compete as hard at SFO due to UA's giant hub). If only the DL OAK-LAX flight was still around, and I'd probably jump on OAK-LAX-JFK as my go-to routing with the 767, rather than SFO-JFK on the 757....
Old Nov 23, 2019, 2:41 am

I generally prefer 767 for 2-3-2 configuration when flying Economy Discomfort, but if I can get 35 D, E, F or 36 C, D on 75S those are some of the best coach seats Delta has
Old Nov 23, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
I’m sorry that I apparently needed to spell that out for everyone, but since you’re asking:

1.) D1 is usually for transcons domestically.
2.) BOS/SFO has a history of being D1
3.) It is a premium route on UA and B6.

Since BOS is now a hub and there is an increase in TATL flights, it could stand that an increase of connecting traffic could demand a more premium product. When BOS was not a hub, that demand was lower.
Originally Posted by jrl767
uh, none of them are true TCONs either

I do consider SFO-ATL to basically be a transcon. The flying time is almost as long at SFO-JFK, and while ATL is not on the coast, GA is.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Cliff notes version of the press release: Route will be all 767-300 except when it when it isn’t.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
For a very long time I did not use this flight "path" (LAX-JFK).
Will be a 767-300 V4 (26-29-171).

I see many FF complaint about this "bird", I am wait listed for a GUC (From Shanghai to LAX just before) in next January.

In case I can not be upgrade in J, any seat suggestion in C+ or Y ?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:46 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by FBplatinum
Will be a 767-300 V4 (26-29-171).
The seatmap indicates V4, but in reality it is V3 or V4 (V3 has a few more C+, so it is easy to switch from V4 to V3 but not the other way around). As there are quite a few more V3 planes than V4 ones, it most likely will be a V3 (planes always have been DL) rather than a V4 (ex-Gulf Air). However, you will not know that until a day or so in advance. Best thing to do is to gamble that it will be a V3, and choose a seat accordingly. I like the bulkhead in C+ best on that aircraft type. Exit seats lack padding and can be cold.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by PHXflier
... As there are quite a few more V3 planes than V4 ones, it most likely will be a V3 (planes always have been DL) rather than a V4 (ex-Gulf Air). However, you will not know that until a day or so in advance. Best thing to do is to gamble that it will be a V3, and choose a seat accordingly. I like the bulkhead in C+ best on that aircraft type. Exit seats lack padding and can be cold.
not directly relevant, but iirc the ex-GF jets (quantity 6?) don’t have gaspers (individual adjustable air vents)
Old Nov 24, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by jrl767
not directly relevant, but iirc the ex-GF jets (quantity 6?) don’t have gaspers (individual adjustable air vents)
Two of them have been retired, so there are only four left (N152DL, N154DL, N155DL and N156DL). Of these, N155DL has been at ILN for the past month; maybe storage? In any case, only very few ex-Gulf Air planes left in active service.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:10 am

Can someone explain why Delta is only updating the 764 interior and not the 763? They are both very, very dated at this point.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Can someone explain why Delta is only updating the 764 interior and not the 763? They are both very, very dated at this point.
My guess is that the 763 will not be around too much longer and the investment in updating the interior would not have been worth it, especially if these aircraft are transitioning to more domestic flying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.