10% Off Delta Gift Cards

Old Nov 27, 19, 7:43 pm

Programs: OZ, DL, AC, AS, BA, Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by tearex View Post
Thanks for in-store heads up... Picked one up using Chase Freedom 5% back (Chase Pay > Samsung Pay). Might go back for more using USB Altitude (3% mobile wallet)
USB Altitude is an awesome idea! However, I thought USB doesn't like GC purchases?
Old Nov 27, 19, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by btonkid12345 View Post
they absolutely can be used to pay for/purchase either of those
How can you use it for a FCM upgrade? I've never seen that option before when trying to upgrade a fare to First I have already purchased?

I have a flight from LHR to DTW in a few week where I'm using a GUC and haven't been asked for the payment (Not sure why they don't collect the fee at the time the GUC is applied but they always call me after or I have to call when I can't check in for the flight at T-24 and they tell me they need the fee) and would love to use part of the gift card for that. Do I just tell the agent when I call (or when I can't check in at t-24 from London and have to call Delta) I want to use a gift card for the "luxury tax"?
Old Nov 27, 19, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
USB Altitude is an awesome idea! However, I thought USB doesn't like GC purchases?
They don't... But it's also Costco. One or two off doesn't appear to be a huge deal.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 27, 19, 10:50 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
How can you use it for a FCM upgrade? I've never seen that option before when trying to upgrade a fare to First I have already purchased?
No you cannot, I tried with a $50 GC earlier this year and instead of the FCM offer the phone agent was going to have to upfare it (or something like that) in order to use the GC. It was more expensive so I saved the GC.
Old Nov 28, 19, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cool deal. Doesn't really work for non-Costco members though. Membership fee or 5% eats up savings.
Old Dec 2, 19, 9:27 am

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Oops -- deleted; posted in error.

Last edited by Bago'peanuts; Dec 2, 19 at 9:45 am
Old Dec 2, 19, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Cool deal. Doesn't really work for non-Costco members though. Membership fee or 5% eats up savings.
Although not something I recommend doing, Costco memberships are fully refundable up until the last day of validity.

They have had Groupon deals recently that brought the membership price down a lot, and of course a friend could buy them for you.

Last edited by Jaimito Cartero; Dec 2, 19 at 6:46 pm
Old Dec 2, 19, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
I gave up on this deal. But the $100 iTunes cards for $79 is a pretty sweet deal (max 2 per member).
Old Dec 3, 19, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by fliesdelta View Post
I gave up on this deal. But the $100 iTunes cards for $79 is a pretty sweet deal (max 2 per member).
Based on your location... there's three Costcos in the area, with at least one that I know of personally that has the cards in store.
Old Dec 3, 19, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero View Post
Although not something I recommend doing, Costco memberships are fully refundable up until the last day of validity.

They have had Groupon deals recently that brought the membership price down a lot, and of course a friend could buy them for you.
.... would Costco still release your annual Costco cash rewards certificate if you cancel before membership renews?
Old Dec 3, 19, 10:39 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by travelscummer View Post
.... would Costco still release your annual Costco cash rewards certificate if you cancel before membership renews?
No they would not. The Executive rebate is mailed with your membership renewal, so that one is gone (also you don't get to keep it if you downgrade from Executive to Gold).

For the Visa cashback, the Terms read
You will not receive a credit card reward certificate if your reward is less than $1 or your account is closed at the time your credit card reward certificate is scheduled to be sent; any Costco Cash Rewards that had been accrued at that time will be forfeited. You must maintain your Costco Membership to redeem your credit card reward certificate.
Old Dec 3, 19, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
No they would not. The Executive rebate is mailed with your membership renewal, so that one is gone (also you don't get to keep it if you downgrade from Executive to Gold).

For the Visa cashback, the Terms read
You will not receive a credit card reward certificate if your reward is less than $1 or your account is closed at the time your credit card reward certificate is scheduled to be sent; any Costco Cash Rewards that had been accrued at that time will be forfeited. You must maintain your Costco Membership to redeem your credit card reward certificate.
Not sure you have it right. Were they were asking about the Citi Costco Visa card yearly rebate or the Exec 2% yearly rebate?

The 2% exec rebate is mailed with your renewal statement. I renew in January, but got my 2% exec rebate in early November, I think. Your renewal isn’t charged for a couple of months.

You could try canceling a month after you cash the check and see what happens.

I think the Citi Costco card is tied to a calendar year, and not your membership year. So you could cash the reward when issued (Feb?), and cancel the Costco membership before the next renewal.
Old Dec 4, 19, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by tearex View Post
Based on your location... there's three Costcos in the area, with at least one that I know of personally that has the cards in store.
I decided to stop by my local costco earlier in the week but nothing available (not too inclined to stop at several others nearby). in store, are they located with the other gift cards, or might they have some if you ask? seems like they had gift cards scattered all over and they might have them but I could have missed them...
Old Dec 5, 19, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by dszrew View Post
I decided to stop by my local costco earlier in the week but nothing available (not too inclined to stop at several others nearby). in store, are they located with the other gift cards, or might they have some if you ask? seems like they had gift cards scattered all over and they might have them but I could have missed them...
They move things around, but in my store, they were pretty close to the entrance near the electronics, with a bunch of other gift cards (the restaurants, spa, gift membership, etc).
Old Dec 5, 19, 10:07 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I guess the reason question is why wouldn’t anyone pounce on this deal?
Time it takes to execute deal * hourly billing rate > savings.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: