10% Off Delta Gift Cards

Old Nov 21, 19, 11:31 am

Programs: OZ, DL, AC, AS, BA, Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
The reason I haven't hit buy now is:
1. Opportunity cost of fronting the money without a specific trip planned
2. Not being able to use the Amex IAP
3. Not having trip insurance from a credit card provider (they usually say "entire trip" or verbage about taxes and fees on awards)
I agree on the opportunity cost part, but that's the price to pay for getting a 10% discount.

Use a CSR and you'll have insurance coverage.
fti likes this.
Old Nov 21, 19, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jimquan View Post
Going to max out the offer - 3- $1k cards

10% off the top, 2% back on Costco visa - sweet!

The question is does it qualify for the additional 3% travel related rebate for Costco executive membership ? We shall see.

Jim
Costco Executive membership only gives you 2%. Costco credit card gives 3% on travel. If you can stack them, itís a tasty treat.
Old Nov 21, 19, 11:32 am

Programs: OZ, DL, AC, AS, BA, Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by lifeandmylens View Post
I ended up purchasing $3,000 worth before they might sell out. It seems like a great deal for 10% off rates and they never expire (plus 2% Costco, plus chase visa points).

Amex trip insurance probably won't cover it even if a portion is paid via Amex.
Does Costco accept AMEX online? Costco doesn't fall under any of the bonus accelerators.
Old Nov 21, 19, 11:39 am

Programs: DM/2MM
FWIW, I just called delta and they said that the cards are like cash, and would have normal mileage accrual, etc., same as using delta credits from a choice benefit. Of course that’s from just one rep, so unknown if it’s accurate. I’ve never used a delta gift card
Old Nov 21, 19, 11:42 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler View Post
FWIW, I just called delta and they said that the cards are like cash, and would have normal mileage accrual, etc., same as using delta credits from a choice benefit. Of course thatís from just one rep, so unknown if itís accurate. Iíve never used a delta gift card
I can confirm for you that what you heard from the CS rep is accurate. My prior gift cards have been treated like cash and earn MQM/MQD/
fti likes this.
Old Nov 21, 19, 11:43 am

Programs: Delta 2MM/GM , HH <>, AX-Plat
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
Does Costco accept AMEX online? Costco doesn't fall under any of the bonus accelerators.
They do not accept Amex in store or on line. I tried.
Still a great deal.

Jim
Old Nov 21, 19, 11:53 am
TTT

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jimquan View Post
They do not accept Amex in store or on line. I tried.
Still a great deal.

Jim
As of 2016, Costco only accepts Visa credit cards. Prior to that they only accepted Amex but dropped the partnership.
Old Nov 21, 19, 11:58 am

Programs: DM/2MM
I can confirm for you that what you heard from the CS rep is accurate. My prior gift cards have been treated like cash and earn MQM/MQD/
Thanks for the information. I bought $3000, was charged $2700, so 2% cash back was $54.
Old Nov 21, 19, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I'm just thinking right now. How many method of payments can we use on DL's website? Can I use a GC to pay for most of the airfare and then use a CSR to pay the difference or a tiny amount to get insurance covet? If so, isn't this a close to hot deal?
would CSR just refund you the little amount you put onto their card in case trip insurance is used?
Old Nov 21, 19, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Costco.com accepts Visa, MC, Discover, Diners Club and JCB.

Looks like a $2699 purchase of $3000 DL e-gift card would garner a 2% exec rebate ($53.98), and the same amount of rebate with the Citi Costco card.
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler View Post
FWIW, I just called delta and they said that the cards are like cash, and would have normal mileage accrual, etc., same as using delta credits from a choice benefit. Of course thatís from just one rep, so unknown if itís accurate. Iíve never used a delta gift card
Awesome! Even better
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nrr View Post
Many years ago Costco was selling AA GCs at 10% off, a super deal for me when I flew AA.
A 10% discount is nice.^
Yep, thatís how I got to EXP for under $1500 on the triple EQM offer between ORD and LAX/SFO.

There were dozens of us doing the same thing, meeting every day in Admirals Clubs, guesting each other in, etc.

Costco also had Hyatt GCs 20% off around then. Coupled with Costco Hyatt rates (Hyatt Lisle, IL $39 with $25 food/beverage per stay) and Faster Free Nights, that was the giveaway of the decade.
Old Nov 21, 19, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero View Post
Costco.com accepts Visa, MC, Discover, Diners Club and JCB.

Looks like a $2699 purchase of $3000 DL e-gift card would garner a 2% exec rebate ($53.98), and the same amount of rebate with the Citi Costco card.
Even better to pay with $200 VGCs from Officemax/Depot right now with the $15 off per $300+. 5x UR with the right cards, worth 8% or so.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Nov 21, 19, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
Yep, thatís how I got to EXP for under $1500 on the triple EQM offer between ORD and LAX/SFO.

There were dozens of us doing the same thing, meeting every day in Admirals Clubs, guesting each other in, etc.

Costco also had Hyatt GCs 20% off around then. Coupled with Costco Hyatt rates (Hyatt Lisle, IL $39 with $25 food/beverage per stay) and Faster Free Nights, that was the giveaway of the decade.
I had a huge stack of paper Hyatt certs. Fun times!
Old Nov 21, 19, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by lifeandmylens View Post
at Costco.
I decided to buy "just" $1000 worth, but thanks for the link I wouldn't have otherwise noticed.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: