Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

11/20/2019 Diamond Line Hold Time - 1+ hr

Old Nov 20, 19, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond Medallion, Delta Amex Reserve, Marriott Rewards Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire

Just dialed in to the Diamond Line and when it patched me through I got the computer "All representatives are unavailable prompt". Then it advised a call back time of 1 hour plus! Is there some event that has occurred this morning? Totally surprised for a Diamond Line wait of 1+ hour on a Wednesday morning. Oddly, this was followed by a call recently which resulted in first needing to enter my Skymiles number, then getting a front line CSR who couldn't do anything beyond what SNAP would allow (no knock on her, she serviced as well as she was trained).

Curious to hear if any others had such a call back time this morning.

*EDIT* / ADD - Seeing this show up on Twitter as well now so it seems there may be some kind of reservations call in issue. A gold never got a call back, and seeing Diamonds and others reporting 1 - 2 hours quoted hold times.

Last edited by whooperatw; Nov 20, 19 at 6:16 am
Old Nov 20, 19, 6:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could DL be having an IT meltdown? I have a reservation that should open for check in within about five hours and it's behaving funky.

EF is also down, which I've never seen before.
Old Nov 20, 19, 7:03 am

Programs: Delta DM/MM, Hertz Platinum
I had a 33 minute wait early this past Saturday morning, and last weekend was a quiet day. HUCA and it was 35 minutes.
Old Nov 20, 19, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond Medallion, Delta Amex Reserve, Marriott Rewards Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
Caught a Twitter post that the audio system is reporting incorrect times, so I went and called in. Told me I had a spot in line with a 1+ hour wait still, so I selected the pull out of line, go to the back, and wait on hold option; immediate pick-up by a representative and changes made in less then 10 minutes.

If calling in (at least to the Diamond line), don't take the call back this morning, just go into a normal hold and I think someone will answer pretty quickly.
Old Nov 20, 19, 9:17 am

PM here, called in to change a flight around 9am this morning, waited about 4 minutes. Didn't get the usual option to have a call back though.
Old Nov 20, 19, 9:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DM: I did get the callback option but stayed on the line (option # 3) and the hold took a lot more time than the announced four minutes.
Old Nov 20, 19, 10:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, IHG Spire Amb., Marriott Platinum, National EE
PM: Called late last night, maybe a few hours before your post, and the announced wait time was 54 minutes. I opted to use the texting feature and got a message back in less than 5 minutes. Solved my problem, though I still prefer speaking by phone.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: