Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta replaced ATL-LHR codeshares w/ DL metal?

Delta replaced ATL-LHR codeshares w/ DL metal?

Old Nov 26, 19, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
This has been an A346, not 787 route.
Even if it is a 346, 744, 333 route, if Delta is able to easy cover that means Virgin can pull the Atlanta aircraft to cover for other routes effected by the Trent 1000 issues.

At one point Delta was doing a good bit of coverage out of ATL/JFK with 767s to free up 333s/747s/346s to cover for 789s.
Old Nov 26, 19, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aww3583 View Post
Under “my trips”, the flight is still showing as a Virgin A346. This flight has been cancelled every day for the past week and replaced with a DL772.

So, I can select my seats, but it’s for the A346 seatmap which, if recent history suggests, will not be the equipment this flight is operated on.
OK, so I guess I'm confused about your question. There's nothing you can do until the equipment/carrier is changed. At that point you can try online or call the airline, but "reaching out to Delta in advance" (of an equipment change that you think will probably happen) is not going to accomplish anything IMO.
Old Dec 2, 19, 12:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by lindros2 View Post

Trust me - it's very different. Then again, my two kids are spoiled, so I'll give you the benefit that you're a better parent in this area...
You weren't kidding. Big difference between that and the brand new IFE in the DL 764 we recently had.

But, with little ones, liked the fact it wasn't a touch-screen. They couldn't poke the screen the entire time, aggravating the person in front of them. Additionally, the headphone jack in the arm rest was vastly preferable to the jack in the seatback. Kids didn't have any issues. As a tall adult, I found the system aggravating to use and nearly impossible to see. No worries, though. Virgin's service was top notch and the flight was excellent.
lindros2 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: