Alleged warning letter from Delta

Old Nov 18, 19, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMEX Membership Rewards
Alleged warning letter from Delta

https://onemileatatime.com/delta-warning-letter/

Any opinion on the validity of this letter?
Old Nov 18, 19, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
It was pointed out in the comments that hadn't appeared on here - which given the letter was issued a good few weeks ago I thought unusual - and voilla!

I think it's a fake. and OMAAT went for an exagerated headline leaving the 'alledged' nature of this letter to a sentence below.

I don't think anyone at DL would have sent such a badly worded letter and if they did wouldn't it be easy for DL to find out who had accessed his account?
Old Nov 18, 19, 2:29 pm
was WWads

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Lol, it's a fake, but people wouldn't need to call so much if Delta would just train their employees on the proper procedures.
cmd320 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Nov 18, 19, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Every letter I've gotten from DL had a three letter agent code at the bottom. I thus believe this is fake.
Old Nov 18, 19, 2:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can a call center agent or supervisor easily get someone's address for snail mail?

I noticed that one of the OMAAT responses mentioned the "dedicated Diamond desk" having been eliminated. Is this true? Are there no longer genuine DM phone agents?
Old Nov 18, 19, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Can a call center agent or supervisor easily get someone's address for snail mail?

I noticed that one of the OMAAT responses mentioned the "dedicated Diamond desk" having been eliminated. Is this true? Are there no longer genuine DM phone agents?
Yes. The number simply puts you at front of the line.
Old Nov 18, 19, 3:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Quite honestly, it looks like fake. The ".COM" is too large in the header, and the letter is not folded, oddly informal, and not signed with a real name.
Old Nov 18, 19, 3:19 pm

Programs: none
What if it IS real?

What if it is NOT real?
Old Nov 18, 19, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHG, MG
"High Value Customer desk" doesn't appear to be a term that is used in the Delta lingo?
HDQDD likes this.
Old Nov 18, 19, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Dutch101 View Post
"High Value Customer desk" doesn't appear to be a term that is used in the Delta lingo?
I've been called a HVC by DL agents. However,
I agree never heard of a HVC desk.
HDQDD likes this.
Old Nov 18, 19, 3:48 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/2.9MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Plat
The recipient posted a pic of the UPS envelope showing the return address as Delta. Is it possible an individual employee was upset after a call from him and sent it out on their own?
Old Nov 18, 19, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Tomphot View Post
The recipient posted a pic of the UPS envelope showing the return address as Delta. Is it possible an individual employee was upset after a call from him and sent it out on their own?
UPS or USPS? The latter would be normal for a regular letter unless it required a signature or was part of a package of some sort (either of which could be USPS also).

However, I'm going to repeat my earlier question: Can every call center agent see the address on our FF accounts? If so, it doesn't seem like good practice as I would suspect that some call center agent somewhere is a stalker.
Old Nov 18, 19, 4:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP G, DL PL
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
UPS or USPS? The latter would be normal for a regular letter unless it required a signature or was part of a package of some sort (either of which could be USPS also).

However, I'm going to repeat my earlier question: Can every call center agent see the address on our FF accounts? If so, it doesn't seem like good practice as I would suspect that some call center agent somewhere is a stalker.
I remembered not too long ago when I called, the agent needed to verify my DOB, sometimes email, sometimes physical address - so I think they can see that.
Old Nov 18, 19, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey View Post
Quite honestly, it looks like fake. The ".COM" is too large in the header, and the letter is not folded, oddly informal, and not signed with a real name.
Huh? The ".com" looks perfectly normal to me.
Old Nov 18, 19, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
My question: why would someone fake a vaguely-threatening letter from DL corporate to a HVC who appears to be stretching his/her privileges in terms of schedule changes?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: